Friday, March 30, 2018

March 30, 2018 … The Way of the Cross

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 89 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from Sandi Patty singing … Via Dolorosa … poignantly singing of how our Lord carried His own cross up to Golgotha where He shed His perfect blood, as God’s sacrificial Lamb, so that our sin debt could be paid by His sacrifice.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Hebrews 10:10 [NLT] … 10 For God’s will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time.
… We are made “holy” in God’s sight by the blood sacrifice of God’s perfect Lamb, … His Son Jesus, The Christ.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Hebrews 10:1-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God shows us that it took the perfect blood sacrifice of the Lamb of God to set us free from our sin debt and to be able to carry our crosses daily (see Luke 9:23).
=============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 53:5 [NLT] … 5  But He was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. 
… The prophesy came true when Jesus trudged up to Golgotha and was hung on the cross so that mankind could be healed and set free from our sins

Reference Passage : … Luke 9:23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… And I can follow Him, even up the Via Dolorsa, and carry my cross daily because of His trek up that road to shed His blood on Golgotha to pay for my sins.

Reference Passage : … John 19:16-30 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus, the Son of God, and The Father’s perfect Lamb, is sacrificed on the cross so that we can become sons and daughters of God.

Reference Passage : … Romans 3:9-23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We’re all sinners and deserve God’s wrath (i.e., death); but God, thru His Son, made a way on the cross, by paying our sin debt, for us to be justified and to walk free with Him into eternity.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Peterson, on this “Good Friday,” makes reference to what was accomplished by Jesus carrying His own cross up the Via Dolorosa to shed His blood for the remission of our sin debt. … The ODB author wrote: During Holy Week, we remember the final days before Jesus’s crucifixion. The road Jesus traveled to the cross through the streets of Jerusalem is known today as the Via Dolorosa, the way of sorrows. 
But the writer of Hebrews viewed the path Jesus took as more than just a path of sorrows. The way of suffering that Jesus willingly walked to Golgotha made a “new and living way” into the presence of God for us (see Hebrews 10:20). 

Today’s ODB entry, certainly pertinent on this “Good” Friday, reminded me of when I walked up the Via Dolorosa several years ago and stood on the stones in Jerusalem where Jesus was nailed to the cross. And I wept, thinking of how it was my sins which nailed my King Jesus to the cross. It was my sins He hung on that cross and bled unto death to pay my sin debt and save me from myself.

And that same day I walked the Via Dolorosa, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for my Lord’s trek up to Golgotha, carrying His cross, to shed His perfect blood, as God’s sacrificial Lamb, so that I could walk that same road and be free from my sins.

My tears this morning are tears of joy because I can carry my cross today with His grace and His strength by following Him (again see, Luke 9:23)

PS: Please take the time to take in the entire video linked above with images from Sandi Patty singing of our Lord’s trek up the “path of sorrows” (the Via Dolorosa) to Calvary where on His “Good Friday” He bled and died for our sins.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, as the ODB author prayed today, “Jesus, thank You for walking the way of sorrow and making a way for us to be reconciled to God.”
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … My heart is so filled with gratitude for Your walk up to Golgotha and Your sacrifice to pay for my sins. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: