Tuesday, December 12, 2023

December 12, 2023… His Strong Tower …

December 12, 2023… His Strong Tower …   


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing  … His Strength Is Perfect …  Powerfully singing of relying on God’s strength when we Christians are weak.  



============        

Highlight Passage: … Proverbs 18:10 [NLT] … 

10 The name of the LORD is a strong fortress; … the godly run to Him and are safe.

… God’s promise to be a strong fortress for the godly to run to in times of weakness or strife.         

Highlight Passage (in context) …Proverbs 18:10-15  USE THIS LINK … 

… God’s promise, thru Solomon, of God being our strong tower when we need the Lord for protection.                    

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT] …USE THIS LINK  

… God, thru Solomon, exhorts believers to trust in God and to seek His will so that The Lord can (and will) lead us in life.  


Reference Passage: …Isaiah 41:10 (NLT] …  

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand

… Thru Isaiah, God’s promise to be there for HIs people … ALWAYS .             


Reference Passage: … John 15:5 (NLT] …  

“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.   

…Jesus teaches His disciples to be fruitful, them must continually abide in Him.     


Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 12:9:10 (NLT] …USE THIS LINK 

… Paul, dealing in weakness and his painful thorn in the flesh remembers Jesus’ teaching that God’s empowering grace is enough for Paul in his condition of weakness.    


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT] …USE THIS LINK  

… Paul recognizes that he (and all Christians) can receive God’s peace by surrendering our concerns to the Lord in prayer.        


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread Author , Jasmine Got -  AT THIS LINK - Tells of being in a water park with friends and trying to walk thru an inflatable platform and finding the footing almost impossible to walk thru, being wet and unstable, … as an example of walking thru life in this dark and unsafe world 


And I think the ODB illustration is right on, … pointing all believers to the enabling and empowering relationship we have with Christ, being the strong tower we need to run to when we’re feeling weak.  Do you, my fellow Christian sojourners, feel unsteady and weak today to walk thru life, maybe like walking in that water park?  Well, I do; and I’m reminded by this ODB entry that our God will ALWAYS be there to be our strong tower when we need Him.  So, join me today to run to our Lord for His strength and direction in life.     

   

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, …for being my strong tower today … and the again, tomorrow.          

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, …to run to You, Lord, for Your strength when we are weakened.   … Amen  


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: