Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2009 – Day 208.July 28 – The Ride of Your Life

Passage of the Day: Esther 7: 3 – 5 … 3 Then Queen Esther answered, "If I have found favor with you, O king, and if it pleases your majesty, grant me my life—this is my petition. And spare my people—this is my request. 4 For I and my people have been sold for destruction and slaughter and annihilation. If we had merely been sold as male and female slaves, I would have kept quiet, because no such distress would justify disturbing the king. … 5 King Xerxes asked Queen Esther, "Who is he? Where is the man who has dared to do such a thing?"

My Journal for Today: You know, my fellow Christian, there’s a lot going on in this world right now that parallels what was going on in the court of King Xerxes just before this moment we highlight in today’s text. Evil is having its day. God’s righteousness is being mocked by those who want to eliminate the name of God from our culture. Men in high authority are trying to ramrod laws into signage which will kill untold numbers of children. Yes, … it seems like we have a Haman in our midst who’s on the ride of his life in our culture just as he was riding high in Esther’s day.

But we need to have the faith, sensitivity, and fortitude of Esther. Like our heroine, we need to wait on God; because though He may seem distant, God never forsakes His children; and as God was moving behind the scenes in Esther’s day, our God will move and shake this world when, in His timing, He will do so. Evil may be having the ride of his life now; but God’s way will prevail. I’ve read THE BOOK and I know the ending!

We need to be praying for an Esther moment; so that we can take the stage of a lifetime if God so presents the curtain call. But as the Hamans of our day think they’re on the ride of their lives, we need to fast and pray and wait on our God to bring them down. He will … in His time … and in His way.

My Prayer for Today: Lord, thank You for being our God, Who hears and moves and has our being in Your hands. Amen

No comments: