Wednesday, May 02, 2012

May 2, 2012 … God's Love Endures Forever!

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 106-107 … To study these chapters, go to this link -

============
Highlight Passage of the Day [NIV]: … Psalm 106: 13-15 … 13 But they [God’s people wandering in the wilderness] soon forgot what He [God] had done and did not wait for His plan to unfold. 14 In the desert they gave in to their craving; … in the wilderness they put God to the test. 15 So He gave them what they asked for, but sent a wasting disease among them.
============
Highlight Passage of the Day #2 [NIV]: … Psalm 106: verses 40-end … Read/study from the link to Psalm 106 above
============
Highlight Passage of the Day #3 [NIV]: … Psalm 107: 1-2 … 1 Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever. … 2 Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story— those He redeemed from the hand of the foe, ...  


My Journal for Today: My chronological Bible reading plan has me in Psalms 106 and 107 this morning; and I’m most convicted to share a witness, … as to where God has led me in my life. I hope you take the time to read/meditate through these two psalms by anonymous authorship, telling of how God had to let His people have their own way for a long period of their history, leading them through their trek in the wilderness and even into captivity by the Babylonians so that they could see their own brokenness, repent, and come back to God.

And after reading about a lot of that history in Psalm 106, the Israelite believers, in first two verses of Psalm 107, are exhorted to proclaim and declare their stories of deliverance and redemption. And that is what I feel led to do here this morning; but it would take a book for me share all the times when I was led through the wilderness of sin in my life until I recognized how broken I was and just how much I needed a Savior, … a Messiah to deliver me … just as the Lord has done for His people in the incarnation of His Son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus.

 Just as God’s chosen, the Israelites, I wandered for years in my sin and selfishness; but also like those who’ve come to see Christ as the Messiah, I was pursued and redeemed by the Lamb of God, Who died on the cross for my sins (and the sins of His People, Israel). God, the Father, never left His sinners in the wilderness or in captivity. No, He has redeemed them in His Son, Jesus, the Christ; and anyone who has come to believe in Christ, repented of their sin, and now lives the redeemed life in Christ, must find great blessing in reading and meditating through these two Psalms.

 And, as one of those redeemed believers is instructed in Psalm 107: 1-2, I give thanks to my Lord for His saving and sanctifying grace; and I give a witness that His love endures forever!! And I pray that any who read this can and will do the same.

My Prayer Today: … Oh, YES, Lord! Your love endures FOREVER!!! Amen

No comments: