Thursday, September 12, 2013

September 12, 2013 … Will We Be Faithful?

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 255

 Devotional Song: Go to this link ...  Please take in this poignant and powerful call, sung by Steve Gree , … singing Find Us Faithful, where he reminds all Christians we’re in this life – all in for Christ – with a desire that He finds us faithful to carry out His will for us.

 Click on picture of promised land for a larger viewing

Highlight meditation passage – Numbers 20: 11-12 [NLT]:  
11 Then Moses raised his hand and struck the rock twice with the staff, and water gushed out. So all the people and their livestock drank their fill. 12 But the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not trust me enough to demonstrate my holiness to the people of Israel, you will not lead them into the land I am giving them!”
============
 Highlight reading study of Numbers, Chapters 20`: Go to this link … 

Reference Passage #1: Deuteronomy 34: 1-4 [The tragic sight of the Promised Land God gave to Moses, who was not allowed to enter therein because of his unfaithfulness. See attached foto.] … [NLT] …
  1 Then Moses went to Mount Nebo from the plains of Moab and climbed Pisgah Peak, which is across from Jericho. And the LORD showed him the whole land, from Gilead as far as Dan; 2 all the land of Naphtali; the land of Ephraim and Manasseh; all the land of Judah, extending to the Mediterranean Sea; 3 the Negev; the Jordan Valley with Jericho—the city of palms—as far as Zoar. 4 Then the LORD said to Moses, “This is the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and I told them I would give it to their descendants. I have now allowed you to see it, but you will not enter the land.” 

Reference Passage #2: Proverbs 3: 5-6 [In seeking the Lord’s presence we must trust that He will lead us.] … [NLT] …  
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6 Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.

My Journal for Today: I took the picture above from Mount Nebo in what is now Jordan. But this was the land of Moab in Moses’ day; and it is from this very place, documented in Deut. 34 that Moses, just before he died, was allowed to see the Promised Land which God had promised for His people; but as we know from today’s highlight passage in Numbers 20, Moses was not allowed to be the one to lead God’s people into the land because he had openly rebelled against God’s “Plan A” when he struck the rock with the rod of his staff instead of following God’s instructions.

Having been there to take the photo above, the view of the Promised Land on a clear day from Mount Nebo is beautiful; but it had to be a tragic viewing for Moses as he realized that it was his own selfishness and disobedience that kept him from being able to enter the Land toward which he had led the people for 40 years in the wilderness. Certainly God had a “Plan B” to take the people into that Promised Land; and Joshua would be the agent of God’s promise in “Plan B.” But Moses could have been there for “Plan A” save his one moment of disobedience, pride, and selfishness.

Sin always has consequences in our life, doesn’t it?

But when I think about my personal application of this story today, I have to ask myself the question which comes out of the song sung by Steve Green to which I link us today; and that question is … “Will God find us faithful as we walk God’s narrow road?” And once you listen to the song and take in the Scriptures today, I’ll leave that question to lead you as it is leading me today.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, I pray that I am being faithful as I walk Your pathway today. … Amen

No comments: