Friday, October 18, 2013

October 18, 2013 … God’s Yoke

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 291

  Devotional Song: Go to this link -  Please take the time to meditate on this powerful song and video, the song sung by Scott Wesley Brown, singing He Will Carry You, … reminding Christians of Christ’s willingness and His ability to carry all who need Him. … And then at this link  –Stephen Curtis Chapman sings His Strength Is Perfect, declaring the truth that God’s yoke is strong enough to carry any burden we might have.
=============

Highlight reading study of John, Chapter 17 : Go to this link … 
 ============

Reference Passage #1: Matthew 11: 28-30 … [His yoke is light; and He can carry ours.] … [NLT]   
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light.” 

 Reference Passage #2: 1st Peter 5: 7 … [Surrender! … Let Him carry your burdens] … [NLT] …   
7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.

My Journal for Today: Have you ever been like or felt like the wounded one in the attached photo? Maybe you are right now; or perhaps you know of someone who feels like this. Well, dear one, I hope you know that we have a Savior whose not only willing; but He is able to carry those who cast their cares on Him.

It was the focus of Jesus’ prayer just before He went to the cross [please meditate on John, Chapter 17 linked above]; and it was the focus of His message to his inner group of disciples in the upper room discourse (see Jesus’ comforting message in the upper room – Chapter 14-16 of John’s gospel).

Jesus wanted his confused and concerned Disciples to know that He was not going to abandon them … that He was, as He declared in Matthew 11: 28-30 willing to be there with them and for His disciples – ALWAYS! And He wanted them (and us) to know that He was, as Peter learned the hard way, and later wrote (in 1st Peter 5: 7 see above) that we can cast all our burdens on our Lord because He cares just that much for us.

Now I hope you use the link above and meditate on Scott Wesley Brown and Stephen Curtis Chapman singing that Jesus can and will carry you and me if we need Him to take our burdens. But we’ve got to be willing to surrender them to Him in faith.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, carry me today. I need Your strength. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: