Tuesday, April 01, 2014

April 1, 2014 … Giving Is The Heart

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 91

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go to this video link to hear the group Hillsong, leading worship and singing Here I Am To Worship, … reminding us that worship is an attitude of sacrifice when we come to give the first fruits of our time, talents, and treasures for God’s glory and in remembrance of His sacrifice for us.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Exodus 35: 21 [NKJV] …
21 Then everyone came whose heart was stirred, and everyone whose spirit was willing, and they brought the LORD’s offering for the work of the tabernacle of meeting, for all its service, and for the holy garments.
============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Exodus 35: 20-29 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passage #1: Malachi 3: 10 [NKJV] …  
10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,” says the LORD of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.

Reference Passage #2: Matthew 6: 33 [NKJV] …  
33 " ... Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you..”

Reference Passage #3: Romans 12: 1 [NKJV] …  
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

Reference Passage #4: 2nd Corinthians 9: 6-7 [NKJV] …  
6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.

My Journal for Today: It has been said that the best way to measure the heart of a Christian is to look at his/her calendar and checkbook [or maybe now the online bank records]. Because in those records one could find the documentation of how that believer used his time and talents for God’s kingdom.

My Our Daily Bread devotional for today reminded me that God’s people, when they were given the opportunity to build a Temple for God brought their most precious treasures (see Exodus 35 linked above – and as depicted in the attached photo). And as I listened to the linked song today, the reference Scriptures on giving to God’s Kingdom bubbled up from my memory/consciousness.

I really don’t need to go into this in depth for any Christian who has the right attitude of worship through the giving of our time, talents, and treasures for God’s Kingdom, … do I? As I said by the title I gave for my blog today, … our giving is our heart of worship. So, I’ll leave it to you and God’s Spirit to determine whether your living sacrifices of time, talent, or treasure reflect what/how you should worship our Lord.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, may what we give to You reflect our attitude of worship for Your infinite sacrifice for us. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: