Saturday, February 21, 2015

February 21, 2015 … Into the Light of Truth

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 52

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of Marty Goetz singing his interpretive psalm of Isaiah being called as a Prophet… Heneni; … declaring, as he came into the presence of God, “Here am I … send me!”


Highlight Passage Isaiah 6: 5 [NKJV] … 
5 So I said: “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; or my eyes have seen the King, … The Lord of hosts.”
============
Highlight Context - Isaiah 6: 1-8 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …  
… Isaiah - in the presence of God’s glory and light and able to see the essence of who he really was. 
============

Reference Passage #1 - Deuteronomy 31: 6-8 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… Before God’s people enter the Promised Land, having been purged of their national sin, they can see who they are in God’s light and where they must go, …

Reference Passage #2 - Psalms 119: 105 [NKJV]
  105 Your word is a lamp to my feet … And a light to my path. 
… God’s word shines a light on our sin nature and leads us out of the darkness into His light …

Reference Passage #3 - Luke 9: 23 [NKJV]
  28 And He [King Jesus] said to them all, “If anyone would come after Me, let him deny himself, take up his cross DAILY, and follow Me. … “ 
… In the light of Christ, we can see who we REALY are and where we must follow …

Reference Passage #4 - 1st John 1: 9 [NKJV]
  105 If we confess our sins, He (God) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. 
… By seeing our self in the light of God’s truth, God’s Spirit - His light - will convict us of our sinfulness and allow us to be cleansed by our confession …

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Lawrence Darmani, uses an interesting word picture to highlight his main devotional point … that walking closer and closer with Christ reveals our sin nature more and more.

 Here’s what Darmani writes, … [see the attached photo helping to illustrate the author’s focus] …  "It used to bother me that the closer I drew to God in my walk with Him, the more sinful I felt. Then a phenomenon I observed in my room enlightened me. A tiny gap in the curtain covering my window threw a ray of light into the room. As I looked, I saw particles of dirt drifting in the beam. Without the ray of light, the room seemed clean, but the light revealed the dirty particles. … What I observed shed light on my spiritual life. The closer I approach the Lord of light, the clearer I see myself. When the light of Christ shines in the darkness of our lives, it exposes our sin—not to discourage us, but to humble us to trust in Him. " 

Have you noticed this Spirit-enlightenment, as have I? When I was a young, immature Christian, years ago, when I was finally made aware of some sins, they seemed so trivial in my life at the time. Then you might hear me say, something like, … “Hey, eating too much - what’s the deal; at least I’m no longer looking at p0rn!” … But now, years later, and hopefully much more mature in my walk with Christ, my ill-begotten, and sinful, eating choices seem like a really BIG DEAL and an affront to my LORD as I follow Him (see Luke 9: 23). The light of Christ in my life makes my sin nature so much more aware to me.

 You know, when the glory of God finally was brought to the Prophet, Isaiah, (see the highlight passages linked above) Isaiah really saw whom he was in the presence of God. And he declared what you read copied above in Isaiah 6: 5. … “Woe is me!!!” 

I’ll not go on with more of my puny words here. But I will say, and pray, that I’m grateful for the light of God’s word, each day, lighting my path (see Psalm 119: 105, and shining a light on my sin so that I can confess and be cleansed (see 1st John 1: 9).

My Prayer for Today O Lord, … thank You for shining Your light of truth every day here … to help me be cleansed and to light my path in life. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: