Friday, February 13, 2015

February 13, 2015 … Living the Living Word

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 44

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of an anonymous soloist singing the old 19th century hymn, which quotes from Psalm 119 … Open My Eyes That I May See, declaring the truth of what God’s word does, … it opens our mind’s eye to the truth of our God and how following His word leads us in life …


Highlight Passage Psalm 119: 18, … 24 [NKJV] … 
18 Open my eyes, that I may see … wondrous things from Your law. … 
 24 Your testimonies also are my delight and my counselors. 
============
Highlight Context - Psalm 119: 17-24 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
============

Reference Passage #1 - Psalm 119 - yes, all of it!! [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist with a love affair for God’s word …

Reference Passage #2 - Isaiah 55: 11 [NKJV]
  11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; … It shall not return to Me void, … but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. … 
 … God, through the Prophet, declaring the the power of God’s word when it’s applied for HIS purposes.

Reference Passage #3 - 2nd Timothy 3: 16-17 [NKJV]
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. … 
… Truth from Paul to his protege about the power of God’s word in our lives …

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by David C Egner, quotes from the writings of the 17th century German theologian, Phillip Jacob Spener, who wrote, “The more at home the Word of God is among us, the more we will bring about faith and its fruits.” 

And then today’s ODB author highlights the Spirit-inspired writings of the Psalmist who wrote the longest psalm in the Bible, … Psalm 119 [linked above]. David Egner also wrote today’s ODB entry,  … "The Word of God comes to us in many forms. Bible-centered preaching, Scripture reading, songs, study groups, and devotional articles bring to us the truths of God from Scripture. But, we can’t overlook personal reading and studying [the Bible] either."

 And I hope and pray today that anyone reading along with me recognizes the truth of Egner’s main point today, … which is born out and emphasized by the reference Scriptures I’ve either quoted or linked any readers above. And first we have the example of the Psalmist (whoever he was) who wrote Psalm 119. And if one takes the time to read, study, and meditate on this wonderful acrostic poem/song, you would have to come away inspired that any believer must use all of God’s word (i.e., Scripture - see 2nd Timothy 3; 16-17) to guide us through this life we live for the glory of God. God’s purpose through His word is His guarantee of Spirit-power in our lives (see Isaiah 55: 11); and so, to try to live our lives on our own power - without God’s word - is absolute foolishness.

 I pray today that anyone - EVERYONE! - reading here is into God’s word EVERY DAY and is doing all he/she can to get God’s word deeply in your hearts. That’ the charge and the challenge of Psalm 119; and I would exhort anyone with me here to go back and study ALL of Psalm 119, linked above, and see if those words, God’s words, don’t speak life to you.

My Prayer for Today O Lord, … Open my eyes, Lord, that I may see more of You through Your word every day of my life. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: