Sunday, June 21, 2015

June 21, 2015 … Fatherly Love

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 172

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK  … Please take the time to take in a video of Joe Cocker singing My Father’s Son … declaring the reality that so often we become our father’s son … so, let me become just like my Heavenly Father, … my Abba Father …


Highlight Passage Psalm 103: 13 [NIV] … 
13 As a father pities his children, So the Lord pities those who fear Him. 
… Knowing that the Hebrew word “pities,” which is “racham,” means to show love or to have compassion for ; and that’s our Abba Father in Heaven.
============
Highlight Context - Psalm 103: 7-13 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… Our loving Heavenly Father
============

Reference Passage #1 - Matthew 6: 1-15 [NKJV] USE THIS LINK ...
… Don’t be like the Pharisees … be like Your Abba Father in heaven, praying to “our Father” in heaven

Reference Passage #2 - Romans 8: 15 [NKJV] … 
15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”
 … Our Heavenly Father is our Papa God

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Bill Crowder, being Father’s Day, related a poignant story of a tire father doing all he could to show love for his boy. Crowder writes about a scene unfolding with a delayed flight in an airport.  About the scene Crowder writes:  The parents were obviously weary from dragging their two energetic preschoolers through airports and airplanes, and now their final flight was delayed. As I watched the two boys running around the crowded gate area, I wondered how Mom and Dad were going to keep the little guys settled down for our half-hour flight into Grand Rapids. When we finally boarded, I noticed that the father and one of the sons were in the seats behind me. Then I heard the weary father say to his son, “Why don’t you let me read one of your storybooks to you.” And during the entire flight, this loving father softly and patiently read to his son, keeping him calm and focused.  

And that’s a human scene which illustrates the loving, caring, “Abba Father,” we have in Heaven, … the “Papa God,” Who sent His Son to die that we might have eternal life (you surely know John 3: 16). And He’s the “papa God” to Whom we pray when we’re in need (see Matthew 6 linked above). 

In my life I had a DAD like the one Bill Crowder writes about above. And today I’m missing him. … But I still have my Abba Father, to whom I can go when I need to be with Him [see Romans 8: 15]. And that’s why I come here everyday to let my Papa God read to me from His word. It calms my soul and keeps me focused on Him.

 You know it’s true, as Joe Cocker sings in today’s linked song, … that we tend to become our father’s son; and so, I pray that I become just like my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus.

My Prayer Today: Oh Lord, … read to me, Abba, from Your word. It settles my heart for the day ahead. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: