Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10, 2015:  Just Do It !! …

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 221  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK  Please take the time to take in a video of the group 4HIM singing the song The Basics of Life proclaiming the reality that we must walk the walk of faith and get back to the basics of the Bible … “a heart that is pure and a love that is blind …”  



Highlight Passage:   James 1: 22 [NKJV]  …  
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 
… Walking the walk of faith …
============ 
Highlight Context – James 1: 19-27 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
…  Not just hearers of the word … but doers!
============       

Reference Passage #1 - Matthew 5: 13-16 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK ...    
…  Living as SALT and LIGHT as Christians.  

Reference Passage #2 - Luke 9: 23 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK ...  
…  I hope we have this one memorized and then live it!       

Reference Passage #3 - John 14: 21 [NKJV] …  
21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” 
…  Back to the basics - living the love of Christ.    


Reference Passage #4 – Philippians 2: 3-5 [NKJV] …  
3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind, let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. … 5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,  
…  Thinking and living as Christ thought and lived.    

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Randy Kilgore, wrote about reaching out to help others and to walk the walk of faith, … becoming first hearers of the word, … but then being DOERS of truth as instructed by Jesus’ brother, James, in the highlight passage, linked above in James 1: 22.

 I’m not going to write much today; because if any reader here with me takes in the attached photo, which smacks of the famous Nike logo, “Just Do It !!” … and then you take in the the group 4Him singing, Back to the Basics, … and finally, if one meditates on the reference scriptures above, I’m sure you will be convicted, as was I, that all of us - as Christians - need to be doing ALL we can to “Just Do it,” … and that is to walk the walk of faith, … doing and living what we know to be the truth.

My Prayer Today:  Oh, my Lord, …  help me today … and tomorrow … to walk the path which I know to Your way and THE life, … Your life.    … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: