Monday, May 08, 2017

May 8, 2017 … Waiting For His Way

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 128 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of Michael W Smith singing his song … I’ll Wait For You … poignantly singing of Jesus waiting for all who know Him as Lord … so why can’t we wait for Him?


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 90:12 … [NLT] … 
12 Teach us (LORD) to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom. 
… Even in the darkest of moments, Jesus and His Disciples in the upper room sang praises to their God.
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 90 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Moses’ song remember how God waits for His people to wait for Him.
=============
 
Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Waiting on God’s will and then following it can be a tough wait at times.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Isaiah 26:3 [NLT] … 
3 You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, … all whose thoughts are fixed on You. 
… Peace can only come to those who patiently wait and focus on God.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … Luke 9:23 [NLT] … 
23 Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me. … “ 
… Jesus’ charge to disciples … to deny our selves, to wait on Him, and then follow Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Peterson, used a personal remembrance to teach on how believers often find the toughness part of following God’s way is to wait on Him to show the way. The ODB author wrote: Over the last few years, two members of my family have faced life-threatening diagnoses. For me, the hardest part of supporting them through their treatments has been the constant uncertainty. I am always desperate for a definitive word from a doctor, but things are rarely that straightforward. Instead of being given clarity, we are often asked to wait. 

Waiting can be tougher than doing sometimes, can’t it? And how many time has God led me here daily to use those three reference passages to which I made reference above? If you’ve followed my journaling these past years, you’d answer, “OFTEN!!” And that says something important to me, especially since I’m waiting on God each day to give me more of His wisdom. It says that He’s telling me something personally; … and that is quite simply … “WAIT ON ME, BILL!”

And He says to all of us, “TRUST ME, I”LL SHOW YOU THE WAY … MY WAY! But do we? I don’t know about any reader here today, but all too often I want to go MY WAY instead of waiting on and following HIS WAY. And I tend to go off some rabbit-trail to failure.

I’m reminded today to wait on my Lord to show me HIS WAY just as He is this morning as I seek His will and His way thru His word. So, i’ll keep coming back here and using the best “GPS” in the world [i.e., His word] to find my way thru this life. How about you?

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … dear Lord, … Again today I’m waiting on You to show me Your way … and You ALWAYS do! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: