Wednesday, July 12, 2017

July 12, 2017 … Anytime … Anywhere!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 193 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group Symphony in Red, singing … Jesus I Come … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, can come to God with our needs anytime … anywhere!


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Hebrews 4:16 [NLT] … 
16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. 
… Do you need Him today?! …. Well, come to Him … anytime/anywhere!!!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Hebrews 4:14-16 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, telling us, that He is our High Priest, to Whom we can come - ANYTIME/ANYWHERE - to be at His throne of grace.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Psalm 73:28, 116:1-2 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmists sing of being able to be near His God and knowing that He is always there to hear our prayers.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Matthew 28:20b [NLT] … 
20 … And be sure of this: I am with you ALWAYS, even to the end of the age.” 
… Jesus promises to be with us ALWAYS … EVERYWHERE!!

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … Romans 5:2 [NLT] … 
2 Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. 
… The Apostle tells all of our privilege, by faith in Christ, to be able to share in His glory and confidently and joyfully come to our King.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Lawrence Darmani, used a word picture which I pray we all can grasp in faith. The ODB author wrote: A woman desiring to pray grabbed an empty chair [see photo] and knelt before it. In tears, she said, “My dear heavenly Father, please sit down here; You and I need to talk!” Then, looking directly at the vacant chair, she prayed. She demonstrated confidence in approaching the Lord; she imagined He was sitting on the chair and believed He was listening to her petition. 

Dear ones … do you grasp the importance and impact of that word picture? I hope so, because for those who do, we recognize that, as the highlight passage above recounts, we have a High Priest, … King Jesus …, Who sits on the throne of our hearts where we can come ANYTIME … ANYWHERE, boldly knowing that He is there and will take in whatever we need to share with Him [see Psalms 73:28 and 116:1-2].

And here I am today, this morning, and I was just on my knees by a comfortable bed I have in my office (where I often nap with my Savior); and I was on my knees, knowing - in faith - that my Lord, King Jesus, … my High Priest, … was right there bending down to hear whatever I brought to Him from my heart [see all the reference scriptures above].

Oh, … what a comfort … that I pray is shared by all reading with me here today.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … precious Holy Spirit … as the linked song recounts, … I COME!! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: