Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 17, 2012 … A Place to Wait in Peace

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 26 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
============
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 40 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
============
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 58 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
 ============
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 61-62 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
============
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 64 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
============

Highlight Passage : Psalm 26: 8 8 Lord, I love the house where You live, the place where Your glory dwells.
============
Highlight Passage #2: Psalm 40: 1-2 1 I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. 2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
============
Highlight Passage #3: Psalm 62: 1-2 1 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from Him. 2 Truly He is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
 ============

My Journal for Today: Today six more Psalms written by David, likely during his times of tribulation as he was being pursued and hunted by his own rebellious son, Absalom; and a few of the passages from these songs of faith were personally emboldened and become fodder for my journaling this morning. I’ve copied the three passages which are quite personal and reflect my own testimony of finding that place, during the trials and tribulations of life, where I can go, knowing that I’m on solid ground and that place where I can find peace while I wait on my God, whom I know is ALWAYS there for me and ALWAYS even going ahead to forge the way for me (see Deuteronomy 31: 8 for confirmation of that truth).

Take these highlight passages one at a time; and the first, from Psalm 26, verse 8, expresses a very personal truth which, like David, I have discovered, … that place, in the midst of the travails of life, where one can go to be with God, … and that place where one can find glimpses of God’s glory. David needed that kind of a place as he was being pursued unjustly by Absalom; and we all need such a place, a hiding place, because of all of the stresses and strains of our lives. And as I write here and you read along, I can sense maybe you’re saying “Amen!” to that.

Well, for any Christian, who truly believes in the OT truth of Isaiah 26: 3 and the NT truth of Philippians 4: 6-7, God’s strategy for finding peace, King David was always able to find that “Hiding Place,” as Corrie Ten Boom wrote about in her book by that title; … because like Corrie, David’s relationship with his God was always that hiding place, … that place where either of these two believers knew they could go to find peace.

I have such a hiding place; and I pray that you do as well; and I’m in mine right now. My place of peace is always found where I go in solitude to seek my God in His word. It’s where I go to the high ground of prayer; … and it’s where I’m able to get glimpses of His glory from His Spirit, quieting my heart and allowing me to wait on His light to shine on my path.

And that reflects the messages found in those last two highlight song passages (#2 and #3 above), where David confidently sings about having a “ROCK” to stand on when the world seems to be shaking all around him. And those of us who have Christ as the “Rock” to which we can affix our anchor of faith, know that our Lord often asks us to wait for Him to shine His light on our path; and it can be very uncomfortable in those times of waiting; because it’s then when we probably need that solid ROCK to allow us the stability to wait in such uncertain times.

My friend, I hope (and pray) that you have a quiet place in the storms of life where you can throw out your anchor of faith and have it lock onto the “Rock of Ages,” Who will always be there to provide us with His hiding place in the storms of life. …  

“Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee!” 

My Prayer Today: … Thank You, Lord, for being my hiding place and the rock for my anchor of faith. Amen

No comments: