Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 23, 2012 …. THE LORD Is My Lord

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 108-110 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
 ============
Reference Passage: Matthew 22: 41-46 … To study this passage, go to this Link
============

Highlight Passage : Psalm 108: 1, 13 [NIV] 1 My heart, O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with all my soul. … 13 With God we will gain the victory, and He will trample down our enemies. 
 ============
Highlight Passage #2: Psalm 109: 1-4 [NLT] 1 O God, whom I praise, don’t stand silent and aloof 2 while the wicked slander me and tell lies about me. 3 They are all around me with their hateful words, and they fight against me for no reason. 4 I love them, but they try to destroy me — even as I am praying for them!  
============
Highlight Passage #3: Psalm 110: 1 1 The Lord says to my lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet." 

My Journal for Today: Three more Davidic psalms, Psalms 108-110, in my devotional reading plan today; and they are full of application for us as New Covenant Christians.

First, there is the wonderful and confident David who, having been beaten down so many times, even chased and pursued by first Saul and then later, his son Absalom, sings a song, in Psalm 108, about his steadfast love and faith in his Lord and Savior, whom he knows will be his Messiah; and not only claiming joy in that forward-looking faithful relationship with David’s Lord and Messiah, David holds on to the hope of His Lord coming for his people and establishing the ultimate and final victory (see Psalm 108: 13).

And then. in the first 4 verses of Psalm 109, we read, and we can imagine David singing, of how, in spite of so many coming to slander and rile hatred for David, he was able to continue to love God’s people and even pray for them, which is a lesson in forgiving faithfulness all Christians need to learn and apply in our lives. Do I sense a convicted “Amen” from the point made here by God’s word?

And finally, we read one of the most quoted Psalms in the New Testament, i.e., Psalm 110, which is a Messianic song of prophesy about THE One Who would come, The Messiah, to save, redeem, and renew His people to all the promises God has made for His chosen Israel. Jesus even quoted the first four verses of this Psalm; and I have linked you to that passage in Matthew 22 where Jesus was using David’s prophetic song about the Messiah to argue with Jesus’ attackers, the Pharisees.

So, as we read and meditate on these three Psalms, I hope we’re all impressed with David’s faithful relationship which he had established with His Lord, knowing that The Messiah was coming to save all of God’s faithful; and in that relationship David could even glean the grace and mercy to love his enemies. Can we Christians of today feel and say what David was proclaiming as we have established our relationship with the One Whom we now know has come as our Messiah, … the One Whom David was waiting for, and the One into Whom King David was putting all His faith and hope?

I pray that all of us, who love the Lord, Jesus, can have the faith in THE ONE Whom David sung about so many centuries before His Messiah came to live, die, and be raised again for the Father’s Glory and to reclaim His Bride; … and PRAISE GOD, I am that Bride, preparing myself in faith for His return, … just as David sung about so many centuries ago.

My Prayer Today: … Oh, My Savior, … My Messiah … I relish in waiting for Your return. Come soon, Lord Jesus! Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!

Bill said...

Generally I don't respond to "anonymous" replies; but how could I resist such a gracious entry.

You can contact me via published email address at our ministry website (which is http://battleplanministries.org ) and the address is billb13@bellsouth.net

I can also be accessed on Facebook at the name WILLIAM ROBERT BERRY .

I went to the readyourbibleschurch.com website. Impressive! Way to go!!! Anyone who promotes getting God's word in to God's people is good people to me! ;>)

Thanks again for your affirmation ... Bill Berry