Friday, May 04, 2012

May 4, 2012 … God is God and I Am Not!

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 1-2 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
============  
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 15 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
============  
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 22-24 … To study these chapters, go to this link
============  
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 47 … To study these chapters, go to this link
 ============  
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 68 … To study these chapters, go to this link 

My Journal for Today: Today my reading plan has taken me back into a whole bunch of the Psalms, all linked for your reference, reading, study, and meditation, that is, … if you’re reading along with me today. If you want to get to know God, which, as my former mentor used to tell me, should be the #1 goal of all Christians, the Psalms are a good place to go or be. The Psalms help us to get to know our God, quite often in a very personal way, through the minds/hearts of men who authored these songs, … men with needs, fears, wants, and desires just like us; and they express who God has become in their lives or whom He should become for them (and there, by application, for us too).

Today, out of Psalm 1, I see my God honoring a believer who obeys a Father who loves me. In Psalm 2, I read of a Father Who wants me to walk free, following Him, from my own selfish desires and humanity; and it speaks of a Messiah, Who would give me that power. Psalm 15 tells me of a Holy God, Who desires that I live a holy life as my worship of His holiness. Psalm 22 is King David’s amazingly accurate picture of a Messiah dying on a cross for my sins, showing me the ultimate in God’s love for me; and Psalm 23 is that picture of my God as my Shepherd, always watching over me and leading me from the valley of death into the pasture of eternal life. And in Psalm 24 I’m reminded (or relearning) that everything is God’s; and He made it all for me and all His children as the King of Glory. In Psalm 47, I see that I serve a Lord God too awesome for words or description; but He is a Lord who wants me to get to know Him, very personally, and to describe Him to others in my relationship with Him. And finally, Psalm 68 proclaims a God Who saves; and He is the One Who saved me … ME of all his sinner children.

Wow! Is that not a cool and awesome God, … worthy of all our worship, as I wrote about yesterday in this place; from these Psalms and so many other truths about God which I glean from His word every day, I do get to know an infinitely awesome God Whom I’ll never grasp completely but Whom I need to know as deeply as I can. Why?, … well, so that I can be the man my God created … for His glory, as I read and learn about Him in these songs today.

 Oh, I stand in awe of my God this day; and I pray that you, having read these songs of His glory, worship Him today with all that we are and all that we can become.  

My Prayer Today: … Lord, I stand in awe this morning of the glory and holiness of Your presence. May I apprehend Your power in my life to become all You designed of Yourself in me. Amen

No comments: