Sunday, March 01, 2015

March 1, 2015 … Oh, The Cost of HIS Grace!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 60

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video Nichole Nordeman singing the poignant song … Finally Free; … declaring the reality that the blood of The Lamb of God has set us free from our chains of sin.


Highlight Passage 1st Peter 1: 18-19 [NKJV] … 
8 … knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 
============
Highlight Context - 1st Peter 1: 17-21 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …  
============

Reference Passage #1 - Mark 10: 45 [NKJV]
44 … And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” 

Reference Passage #2 - 1st Corinthians 6: 19-20 [NKJV]
9 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, … whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Keila Ochoa, told a personal story for his readers today. Ochoa wrote: We gave our 2-year-old son a pair of new boots recently. He was so happy that he didn’t take them off until it was bedtime. But the next day he forgot all about the boots and put on his old sneakers. My husband said, “I wish he knew how much things cost.” … The boots were expensive, but a young child doesn’t know about working hours, salaries, and taxes. A child receives the gifts with open arms, but we know that he can’t be expected to fully appreciate the sacrifices his parents make to give him new things. 

The author goes on to challenge the readers (me) that we, as Christians, all too often don’t count the cost of the life God’s providence allows us to lead. As author Ochoa points out, … the cost of our Christian life was infinitely costly … but presented, for our reception, ABSOLUTELY FREE. And we must know - and feel - that our reception of God’s saving/sanctifying grace comes with our price of surrender to King Jesus.

 So, today, in my prayer time, I’m doing an inventory of my attitude, reminded as to what King Jesus did so that I could inherit the kingdom of God … to be a part of my Lord’s family … and to have Him call me “friend.” I don’t think I need to write any more, do I?

My Prayer for Today O Lord, … Forgive my selfish lapses where I look to what I want, rather than to trust You as to what I need. Help me to know You more intimately and thankfully today than yesterday; and even more tomorrow than today. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: