Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 17, 2015 … Bats in My Bedroom

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 76

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video created by Laura Story singing the song she wrote … Blessings, where she witnesses to God’s blessings which came to her in the disguise of discomfort and trials.


Highlight Passage James 1: 2-3 [NKJV] … 
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 
… Yes, as Laura Story sings of Blessings [see link above], some of our greatest blessings may be disguised as fearful trials or troubles …
============
Highlight Context - James 1: 2-12 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… James, the former doubter brother of Jesus, writes of how we, as believers, are brought to deal with our doubts, fears, and trials, yet retaining our joy and faith
============

Reference Passage #1 - Deuteronomy 31: 6, 8 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… God will NEVER abandon us in our times of need; in fact, He even goes ahead of us to protect us.

Reference Passage #2 - 1st Corinthians 10: 13 [NKJV] … 
13  No temptation (also “trial, trouble, tribulation, or test”) has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, Who will not allow you to be tempted (or “tested”) beyond what you are able, but with the temptation (or “trial”) will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 
… God will never allow a believer to be in a trial or test or trouble that he/she cannot handle! …

Reference Passage #3 - Romans 8: 28 [NKJV] … 
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 
… It’s Scripture, so we know it’s true! … But do we really believe it; and really live it? …

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Bill Crowder, used a personal story to make his point today, one with which I really have memories. He told of a bat getting into his house and how it led him to realize that unwanted “visitors” can help us know that God is always with us as we deal with the unwanted troubles of life. And I, personally remember an instance when I was a boy when my mom and dad, wielding brooms, chased a bat out of my bedroom one night, giving me a sense of being protected by loving parents.

 I still remember the incident of the bat in my bedroom when I was about 6 or 7 years old, as well as the memory of my parents coming to my rescue, … showing me that I was safe and secure with them as my protectors. And I don’t think it takes a rocket-scientist to see how such an incident applies to how we might see God in the face of the trials we face in life.

 Certainly so many of these trials, troubles, or temptations which cause us to react in fear or worry, are not instances we desire; but as Laura Story sings in the linked song above, they often become God’s “blessings in disguise,” because they end up showing us the truth of passages like 1st Corinthians 10: 13 and Romans 8: 28 as well as the Old Testament truth of Deuteronomy 31: 6,8, all linked or copied above.

 Yes, dear one; the fearful trials of life, i.e., those temporary, unwanted circumstances of life, often become God’s greatest blessings and life’s greatest lessons … to show us God’s unwavering love and His protection in the face of danger and discomfort.

 So, … if - and maybe when - we face trials today, let us remember that God will never forsake us and He’s going to let our testing become a blessing in some way in our life. Okay, my friend, … let’s go … no worries! God is in control … ALWAYS!!

My Prayer Today: Lord, I go forth knowing that you’re going to protect me from the bats in my bedroom. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: