Monday, January 11, 2016

January 11, 2016: Really, … Me?!!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 11  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of Chris Tomlin singing the lyrics to his song … Jesus, He Loves Me, declaring the enigma of all times … that He would die for a sinner such as me.


Highlight Passage:   Romans 5:8 [NKJV] …
  8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 
… Can you get your mind around that truth? I don’t know that I ever will; but I’m so, so grateful for it.
============
Highlight Context – Romans 5:6-11 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
 … The ultimate enigma, … at least for me; … that Jesus loved me (or any of us) enough to die for me (us). Go figure?!!!
============      

Reference Passage #1 … John 3: 16 [NKJV] …  
[Again … You know this one!! … And it’s the big WOW, … isn’t it?]  
… How much did He value me … That He would die to save me?!! … WHEW!!!

Reference Passage #2 … Romans 3:21-23 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… We all have sinned … yet He still valued me enough to die for me. … WOW!!!

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, David Roper, taught [see link to ODB for today below] and reminded me of the ultimate enigma in my life … that My Savior, knowing who I was, a sinner who practically spit in His face for many years as an devil’s warrior and avowed atheist, would still go to the cross … FOR ME.

But He did, … just as Chris Tomlin sings above. And today’s highlight passage, from the Apostle

Paul’s letter to the Romans, capture it … for me and for all of us. We (all of us - see Romans 3:23) were sinners. Yet, as Paul wrote in Romans 5:8, Jesus went to the cross anyway, as the Lamb of God, to reconcile me, … yes, ME!!! … to God and make a way for me to be with Him forever. It’s the truth of John 3:16; and it’s for anyone who receives His saving grace. … ANYONE!!

All I can ever feel for that truth is … GO FIGURE?!!! … Because I can’t. But I will be eternally grateful for this truth.

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … Yes, Lord, You valued me enough to die for me. May my life be my pledge of THANK YOU. Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: