Sunday, January 03, 2016

January 3, 2016: Bless The Lord!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 3

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of the lyrics from Matt Redman, leading in worship and singing a contemporary version of an old hymn … Bless The Lord, O My Soul, now called “10,000 Reasons,” expressing the thanks of God’s created for their Creator … God, our Lord, Jehovah Jireh, our Provider.


Highlight Passage:   Psalm 103:2 [NKJV] …
15 Bless the Lord, O my soul; and forget not all His benefits; … 
… How often to we forget His benefits, especially when we’re immersed in the challenges of life. 
============
Highlight Context – Psalm 103 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
… Praise God for all His benefits
============     

Reference Passage #1 John 3: 16 [NKJV] …
… You know it, … I know it; … let’s praise God for its truth!

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, David C McCasland, was very straight forward in his teaching this morning … writing as follows, … A recurring difficulty on our journey of life is becoming so focused on what we need at the moment that we forget what we already have. I was reminded of that when our church choir sang a beautiful anthem based on Psalm 103. “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits” (v. 2 NKJV). The Lord is our forgiver, healer, redeemer, provider, satisfier, and renewer (vv. 4-5). How could we forget that? And yet we often do, especially when the events of daily life shift our attention to pressing needs, recurring failures, and circumstances that seem out of control. 

I really don’t need to go on with a lot of my own words, do I; especially if you’ve take the time to hear Matt Redman’s contemporary version of Psalm 103, linked above? It is so, so true that we tend to forget God’s love, … His mercy, … and His grace, … especially when we’re wrapped up in the circumstances, and perhaps the challenges, of life. And in those times, we get our wants and needs so confused, don’t we?

Perhaps, right now, would be a good time to meditate deeply on Psalm 103 and pray thankfully, as David wrote this song, … to remind us of all the benefits God, our Jehovah Jireh, has provided in/for our lives.

So, let’s just stop and praise Him for all His benefits.

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … I do so praise Your Holy Name, Lord God, … especially for how you’ve blessed me by Your sacrifice that I may have eternal life. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: