Wednesday, January 06, 2016

January 6, 2016: My Redeemer Lives

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 6  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of images from an anonymous group singing … I Know That My Redeemer Lives, expressing the truth behind our faith … that our Savior and Lord, having died on the cross, now lives to grant me entrance into His glory.

 
Highlight Passage:   2nd Timothy 4: 16a & 17a [NKJV] …  
24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; … for the Lord upholds him with His hand. 
 … Imprisoned in Rome and feeling alone.
============
Highlight Context – Psalm 37:21-31 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
 … David knew that His Redeemer and Savior was always there to lift him up.
============      

Reference Passage #1 ... Job 19: 25 [NKJV] …  
25 For I know that my Redeemer lives, … and He shall stand at last on the earth. 
… In spite of his maladies and misfortune, Job had faith that His Messiah would one day save him.

Reference Passage #2 ... Isaiah 41: 10 [NKJV] …  
10 Fear not, for I am with you; … be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. 
… Isaiah saw the truth of The Messiah seven centuries before He came.

Reference Passage #3 ... John 20:24-29 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Jesus came back to show a doubting Thomas that He was alive … so that Thomas could believe … and so that we could know that He now lives in Heaven to intercede for all believers.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Bill Crowder, began with a report of the famous clock, Big Ben, in the Tower of London, which peals, with it’s bells, a refrain from Handel’s Messiah, I Know That My Redeemer Lives, which is a reference to today’s highlight passage from Psalm 37, where King David affirms his belief in a coming Messiah, … a Redeemer/Savior, Who would one day live to save and uplift David and mankind … no matter what our failures might be. 

Job wrote about it even before David (see Job 19:25); and seven centuries before the Christ was born in Bethlehem (as prophesied), the Prophet Isaiah, wrote of a Messiah, going to the cross to die for our sins. And we know that this Messiah returned from the grave to show even a doubting Thomas [see John 20:24-29] that He was risen and alive; … and our Redeemer now lives in heaven to intercede for us and to draw the lost to glory.

 The question is … do we believe that HE LIVES? I do!! … How about you? … Because if you really do believe our Redeemer lives, not needing to touch His scars as did Thomas, … King Jesus has redeemed us from our sins; and we will live with Him forever (knowing the truth and the promise of John 3: 16).

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … You live, … even for all who believe and desire to be with You in glory. Praise Your Holy Name!!! Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: