Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 13, 2016: All For You, Lord!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 13  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of the lyrics and images from the group, Hillsong, singing in worship… Lord I Offer My Life To You, declaring what should be the goal of all who call Jesus, Lord.


Highlight Passage:   John 10:9 [NKJV] …  
9 I am the door.  If anyone enters by Me he will be saved. 
… Jesus offers us the door of salvation.                  
============
Highlight Context – John 10: 1-18 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
 … Jesus, the Good Shepherd, willing to lay down His life for His sheep.
============      

Reference Passage #1 … Deuteronomy 6: 5 [NKJV] …  
5 You shall love the Lord your God with ALL your heart, with ALL your soul, and with ALL your strength. 
… God’s command to all who would serve Him as the Good Shepherd to give their ALL to/for Him.

Reference Passage #2 … Romans 12: 1 [NKJV] …  
12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 
 … Our lives, a “living sacrifice” to our Lord.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Dennis Fisher, illustrated his teaching by depicting an incredible work of art dedicated to Christ. He wrote, Italian artist Lorenzo Ghiberti (1378–1455) spent years skillfully crafting images of Jesus’ life into the bronze doors of Italy’s Florence Baptistery. These bronze reliefs were so moving that Michelangelo called them the “Gates of Paradise.” … As an artistic treasure, the doors greet visitors with echoes of the gospel story. 

Great artists in the days of Ghiberti, Michelangelo, and DaVinci or great musicians, like Beethoven, often devoted all of their talents, time, and treasure to creating masterpiece works which glorified God. And it struck me, as I read Dennis Fisher’s OBD piece today, that we are called by our Lord to do the very same thing.

Oh, we may not have the talents of a Michelangelo or a Beethoven; but all, who are born-again in Christ, have been given gifts and talents; and we can - and should - use them for the glory of God. Jesus, in teaching His disciples (see John, Chapter 10) about His role as the Good Shepherd, showed His willingness to give His all for His flock [that’s you and me]. Should we not be willing to give our all for Him?

So, as God’s word challenges us in Deuteronomy 6:5 and Romans 12:1, what do we have to give as a “living sacrifice” to/for our Lord? I know that what I have to give in writing here each day may not be as magnanimous as the Doors of Paradise in Florence; but my writing here each day reflects my gifts of teaching and encouragement; and I will continue to come here daily to share the thoughts which God’s Spirit shares with me with others; because I do so to give my all for my Lord.

What do you have to give in worship and living sacrifice today?

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … Lord, … I give you my all here today. Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: