Sunday, March 20, 2016

March 20, 2016: Waters and Winds Obey

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 80 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of Chris Tomlin leading a crowd in worship, singing, How Great Is Our God declaring the magnitude of the great God we serve. Listen and sing along and worship our glorious God !!!


Highlight Passage:  John 1:14 [NKJV] …  
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. 
… And mankind beheld the greatness of God in the flesh.
===========
Highlight Context – John 1:1-14 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… John writes of the glory and majesty when the Word became flesh and walked among us. 
============      

Reference Passage #1 - John 2: 1-11 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Jesus begins to show His divine nature at a wedding in Cana.

Reference Passage #2 - Mark 4:35-41 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  
… His disciples being to see Whom they follow.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Tim Gustafson, reminded his readers (me) of the greatness of the God to Whom we have surrendered our lives as Lord and Savior.

John declared it in the first chapter of His gospel account, didn’t he (see John 1 - linked above)? And the people of Cana began to see Jesus for Whom He really was [and is] when He performed His first miracle at a wedding in that little town (see the John 2 passage). And His inner 12 Disciples were really amazed when they witnessed the One they followed calming the waves of that storm in John Mark’s eye-witness account (see Mark 4).

But do WE get it? I mean; … do we really grasp the greatness of our God? … I hope so.

But when I took the time this morning to quiet my heart and mind in this place of solitude and listen to Chris Tomlin lead an audience of thousands in worship, singing the linked song for today, I was overwhelmed to tears, … realizing the greatness of the God to Whom I’ve surrendered my life.

I pray you do so as well.

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … I pray others here today will see that You are our God, … our Lord, … our Messiah, … our Savior!!! … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: