Wednesday, March 09, 2016

March 9, 2016: You’re Always Welcome!!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 69  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of the group THIRD DAY singing, Blessed Assurance,… declaring, in song, the reality that thru the completed work of Jesus, who have Him as our Savior can always feel welcome in/with Him … ALWAYS!!


Highlight Passage:  Hebrews 10:21-22 [NKJV] …    
… 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, … 
… We’re always welcome in the Holy of Holies - in the presence of our High Priest, … Jesus! 
============
Highlight Context – Hebrews 10:19-25 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… God’s Author of Hebrews knew that he ALWAYS could find a welcome mat in his Lord and Savior.
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Mark 15:37-38 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… When Jesus breathed His last breath, the Temple was ripped open for any to come into the Holy of Holies … to be with Him forever. And that is our BLESSED ASSURANCE as the linked song declares above.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Marion Stround, used a personal word picture to illustrate his teaching on the blessed assurance we have with Jesus, The Christ, as our High Priest. He wrote … A few weeks ago workmen arrived to repair the badly damaged road surface, bringing with them large barriers and “No Entry” signs. I was really worried at first, … thinking that I would be unable to get my car out until the road work was finished. But then I went to look at the signs more closely and realized that they said ‘No Entry: Access for Residents Only.’ [see attached photo] No detours or barriers for me. I had the right to go in and out whenever I liked because I lived there. I felt very special!” 

And I pray all who read with me here have the “Blessed Assurance” sung by the group 3rd Day … that feeling of being welcome and protected … in the presence of the One Who shed His blood on the cross so that ANY who receive the grace/mercy of His salvation can come into His inner sanctum of peace, … that welcome and protected place of His saving grace which was created when He breathed his last on the cross (see Mark 15:37-38). As the Author of Hebrews declares in today’s Highlight text, we now have a direct and protected access road to the Holy of Holies in our relationship with our Savior and Lord.

 Yes, truly, … as THIRD DAY sings (linked above), … “Blessed assurance, … Jesus IS MINE!!!” So, let’s all take that limited access road to His place today … and forever!!!

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … You are my High Priest and My Lord … and I come to You for rest again today. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: