Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 30, 2016: Truly Amazing Grace!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 90 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of the group Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing, Your Grace Still Amazes Me, declaring the amazing God which transforms the lives of those who come to receive God’s amazing gift of love.


Highlight Passage:  Acts 9:3 [NLT] …
3 As he [Saul of Tarsus] was approaching Damascus on this mission, a light from heaven suddenly shone down around him. 
 … God’s grace can sometimes be overwhelming.
===========
Highlight Context – Acts 9:1-19 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
 … Saul of Tarsus, knocked off his horse by God’s grace.
============     

Reference Passage #1 - Lamentations 3: 22 [NLT] …
22a The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. 
… God's promise that His mercy and grace are new every morning.

  Reference Passage #2 - 2nd Corinthians 12: 9 [NKJV] …
9 And He [Jesus] said to me [Paul], “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
… Paul learned the power of God’s grace to overwhelm his weaknesses.

Reference Passage #3 - Ephesians 2:8; 3:7 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK 
… Paul surrendered to God’s amazing grace in service to His Lord’s merciful gift.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Anne Cetas, wrote of God’s amazing grace which saved Saul of Tarsus to become the amazing Apostle Paul. The ODB author wrote about how astonishing it must have been for the anti-Christian zealot, Saul of Tarsus, to have been knocked to the ground that day as he traveled to Damascus on a mission to persecute Christians. And Cetas asks her readers (me) if God’s grace has ever had any astounding and/or amazing effects in our lives. 

And as I meditated on the ODB entry today, I had no trouble recalling the morning in my life when I was on my way to work; and God’s grace, was brought to me that day in a testimony on tape of a young man who became quadriplegic. Yet this paralyzed young man testified that he knew God’s grace, thru his Lord, will bring him through this horrible episode. And that story took me that day from brokenness to belief; and God’s amazing grace came pouring into my life, … the grace of salvation to save me … and the grace of sanctification to reshape me. And now, every day, I see that AMAZING grace, which broke the chains of my past unbelief and sinful living, working itself out in my life.

And I see it so many days when I come here to be retouched and renewed by God’s amazing grace, being imparted through His word into my life. And I’m praying that you are seeing our Lord’s mercy and grace work itself out in your life on a daily basis as well.

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … Thank You, Lord, for your mercies and Your grace, … new every morning … for me and anyone who’s willing and humble enough to receive it. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: