Monday, March 21, 2016

March 21, 2016: Basking in the "Son Light"

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 81 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of Matt Redman singing, Light of the World, declaring the reality God shining His Light, … Christ, … on all who come to receive His enlightening, saving grace.


Highlight Passage:  Ephesian 5: 8 [NKJV] …
  8 Walk as children of light … 
… We are to thrive in His light and share it with the world …
===========
Highlight Context – Ephesians 5:1-16 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK   … Paul exhorting Christians (that’s you and me as well) to become the light of the world, reflecting the light of Christ into a dark world.
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Psalm 89:15 [NLT] …  
15 Happy [i.e., blessed] are those who hear the joyful call to worship, for they will walk in the light of Your presences, Lord. 
… Walking [i.e., worshipping] in His light brings blessing and joyfulness.

Reference Passage #2 - Psalm 119:105 [NKJV] …  
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 
… God’s word becomes our light to walk in the world.

Reference Passage #3 - Matthew 5:14-16 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Jesus teaches that we are to become His light shining into the darkness of the world

Reference Passage #4 - John 8:12, 9:5 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Jesus spoke clearly that HE was the “light of the world” which would become our light in life.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Julie Ackerman Link, teaches with an easy to understand word picture. She writes, … I know better, but I still keep trying. The instructions on the label are clear: “Needs full sun.” … Our yard has mostly shade. It is not suitable for plants that need full sun. But I like the plant. I like its color, the shape of the leaves, the size, the scent. So I buy it, bring it home, plant it, and take really good care of it. But the plant is not happy at my house. My care and attention are not enough. It needs sunlight, which I cannot provide. I thought I could make up for lack of light by giving the plant some other kind of attention. But it doesn’t work that way. Plants need what they need. 

And we need the light the “Son” too, don’t we? Okay, … I switched a key letter in that word from “sUn” to “sOn;” but you see my picture here, don’t you? Like plants need sUnlight, we need the “light of the world,” the “sOn,” to light our way and give us his life sustaining light of truth.

Jesus declared clearly to His disciples that He was the “Light of the world” (see the passages from John’s Gospel linked above). And the Apostle Paul exhorted his fellow Christians, and by extension you and me, to walk (i.e. live) in His light (see the highlight passage above). And Jesus also commanded His disciples to become His light, reflected into a very dark world (see Matthew 5:14-16).

That’s why, my dear ones, that I’m here every morning basking in the SON light of His word, growing in the grace of His enlightenment, and doing all I can, by blogging His truth, to reflect His light on the path of others who would, as I try to do, … to walk in it (see Psalms 89 and 119 verses above).

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … I pray it almost every morning, Lord; … that You would shine Your light so brightly on my path that I can help but see it and reflect it so that my friends and I can walk in its brilliance. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: