Thursday, July 14, 2016

July 14, 2016: Dancing For Joy

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 196  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Scott Wesley Brown singing … Yeshua HaMashiach, joyously declaring the coming of The Messiah to God’s people


Highlight Passage:  Isaiah 61:1, 3 [NKJV] …  
1 Because the Lord has anointed Me … 3 … to console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning … 
… The prophesy of The Messiah bringing joy to a mourning Israel …
===========
Highlight Context – Isaiah 61:1-4 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… 700 years before He came was the prophesy of The Messiah
===========      

Reference Passage #1 … Luke 4: 18-20 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… The day that Isaiah’s prophesy was fulfilled

Reference Passage #2 … Romans 10:9-13 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… And now I can dance for Joy like the Jews because He’s my Messiah too.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Amy Boucher Pye, wrote about how mourning can turn to joy: “We’re cutting your job.” A decade ago those words sent me reeling when the company I worked for eliminated my position. At the time, I felt shattered, partly because my identity was so intertwined with my role as editor. Recently I felt a similar sadness when I heard that my freelance job was ending. But this time I didn’t feel rocked at my foundation, because over the years I have seen God’s faithfulness and how He can turn my mourning to joy. 

And on that day in Jesus’ home town, the One Who had been prophesied to save Israel went to the synagogue and He was asked to read from the passage in what we know of as Isaiah 61:1-4, which was Isaiah’s prophesy of the coming Messiah. And when Jesus finished His reading that day [see Luke 4:18-21], He declared that these Jews had heard and seen the fulfillment of God’s promise in Him.

And it should’ve been a time to dance with joy (see attached photo); but the people were blinded to see Jesus as Yeshua HaMashiach, … the Messiah. And Jesus’ time of public ministry began that day, … not with the joy which had been prophesied by Isaiah; but with confusion and even hatred, which ultimately led the Lamb of God to the prophesied cross.

But today, I celebrate; and in my heart I dance for joy; because as Scott Wesley Brown sings in the linked song today, I recognize “Yeshua HaMashiach.” Yes, Jesus was and is THE Messiah; … my Messiah; … and because of what He did for me on the cross [see Romans 10:9-13], also prophesied in the Old Covenant, I can dance for joy … eternal joy!!

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … Lord Jesus, … You are Yeshua, HaMashiach; and I dance for joy to celebrate Your victory, as Messiah, over death.  Amen    

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: