Sunday, July 03, 2016

July 3, 2016: Waiting Not So Patiently

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 185

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Jeremy Camp singing … There Will Be A Day, poignantly expressing the hope we have in Christ … the hope on which we must wait until He calls us home.


Highlight Passage:  2nd Peter 3:9 [NKJV] …
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 
… God wants all His children to come to Him in repentance.
===========
Highlight Context – 2nd Peter 3:8-15 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God is patiently waiting on His beloved called ones.
===========     

Reference Passage #1 …Psalms 37:7; 62:5 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… David had learned to wait on God. Have we?

Reference Passage #2 … Isaiah 40:31 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Those who wait on the Lord will be renewed.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Randy Kilgore, teaching on God’s patience with us and our patience to wait on Him, wrote: Sometimes I find myself impatient with God, especially about His return. I wonder, What can He be waiting on? The tragedies around us, the suffering of people we love, and even the stresses of daily life all seem bigger than the fixes on the horizon. 

I have often noted to others that of all the fruit of the Spirit (see Galatians 5:22-23) PATIENCE is my least mature; and sometimes, as our ODB author also confesses, I can become impatient with God, waiting on Him with very human expectations. God is so patient with us, waiting for us to repent and come to Him (see highlight passages above). But we are not so patient with Him, are we? 

Yes, I know the truth and reality of what is depicted in the attached photo, and what David promised in his Psalms [see above], … and what Jeremy Camp sings in today’s linked song. But I still need to pray for the strength to wait on that which was promised by God through the Prophet (see Isaiah 40:31).

I need to wait more patiently on my Lord. How about you?

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … give me the strength to wait on You.    Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: