Thursday, September 01, 2016

Addendum Prayer to 9/1/16 Blog

September 1, 2016 - My 40 Day Plea to God
=========================

 Heavenly Father, … Your Spirit seems to have awakened in me this prayer, which I humbly bring to you this day. And You, my Lord and God, will hear me repeat it, on my knees, at least for the next 40 days with my plea of desperation. And on this day, Holy Spirit, you took me in solitude to Your Holy Word in Isaiah 37 with the story of King Hezekiah, coming to you with a message from his enemy, which on his knees in prayer Your king laid before You, much as I am doing so with this plea for deliverance. And King Hezekiah prayed to you in desperation for Judah that you would deliver Your people from a wicked and powerful adversary, the Assyrians.

Well, my Lord, I come to You today, believing that You can deliver Your remnant of disciples here in my country the same way You did with Your people in Hezekiah’s day. And dear Lord, I will pray daily with my desperate plea for Your remnant here in the United States; and all over the world those who love You and humbly submit to Your Lordship. You are King Jesus to me and Your people, Lord; and we are Your Church; and we know and believe Your promises that no evil will ultimately prevail against Your Church. And we humbly come before Your throne of grace, all powerful King, … recognizing and repenting of our sinful disobedience as a nation and a world of sinful Saints. And as with King Hezekiah, Lord, I know only to come to You, pleading for the restoration of Your Church in this world.

You are our Lord, … our God … the maker of all of which we, even Your people, have perverted and polluted; and I come to You, the only One, Who can save us and turn our enemies away, … just as You did with the Assyrians in the days of Hezekiah’s pleas. I am only one, dear God; but I am Yours; and I know I’m joined by myriads who desperately plea for your enabling and empowering grace … to restore the Kingdom which You, King Jesus, have established on this earth.

We come to You, our God, because Your are God and we are not. We recognize and repent of our failures, dear Lord; and we come to the only One Who can save us in our time of need. Lord, God, Your people are surrounded on all sides with evil just as was King Hezekiah in Jerusalem; and it looks like Your remnant of believers, … true Christians, … are about to be consumed by evil forces which have become so powerful and are growing in power. But we recognize and believe that You can conquer the evil in this world just as you did the Assyrian King Sennacherib in Hezekiah’s day.

You are God; and You have commanded your people, Christians one and all, to humbly come before You, turning in repentance from our wicked ways, and laying our needs before You, King Jesus; and thus, as You have commanded and exhorted in Your word, I do so with this my humble prayer, which I will read on my knees for at least the next 40 days, pleading that You, dear God, will reach out and snuff out the evil oppressors of Your people; and allow Your disciples to live in Your peace, which surpasses all human understanding.

 That’s Your promise through Your Apostle Paul, Lord; and I believe it’s true. So, I come to You, the One and Only all powerful King Jesus; and I lay our country’s plight, yes, even this world’s plight, with all the evil which oppresses us, before Your throne, with this plea to deliver us from evil … even as You, dear Lord, instructed Your disciples how to pray saying, … Our Father, Who art in Heaven, … hallowed be Your Name. Your kingdom come, … Your will be done, … on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory for ever and ever. … Amen

No comments: