Wednesday, September 28, 2016

September 28, 2016: He Prays for Me

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 272  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Twila Paris and Dennis Jernigan singing the song Dennis wrote … On My Knees, poignantly singing of the reality of our ALWAYS being able to be with our Lord when we’re on our knees in prayer.


Highlight Passage: Romans 8:34 [NKJV] …  
34 … It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, Who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 
… How we handle God’s providence measure where our heart lies.
============
Highlight Passage: Romans 8:22-34 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 
… Jesus prays for me and for all who know Him as Lord.
===========

Reference Passage #1 … Deuteronomy 31:8 [NKJV] …  
8 And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.” 
… God not only won’t forsake us … He goes ahead of us … BTW also quoted in Heb. 13:5 about our Lord’s commitment to us.

Reference Passage #2 … Matthew 28:19-20 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… When Jesus’ commissioned us as His disciples, He told us He’d ALWAYS be with us … even to the end of time.

Reference Passage #3 … John 17:20-26 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Jesus prayed for me the night before He went to the cross; and He prays for me today.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, David McCasland, teaches a very comforting truth for Christians today. He writes: When we face a perplexing situation or a tough problem, we often ask our brothers and sisters in Christ to pray for us. It’s a great encouragement to know that others who care are holding us up to God in prayer. But what if you don’t have close Christian friends? Perhaps you live where the gospel of Christ is opposed. Who will pray for you? 
Romans 8, one of the great, triumphant chapters of the Bible, declares, “We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. . . . The Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God” (Rom. 8:26–27). The Holy Spirit is praying for you today. 

Wow! … Do you get this, dear one? … No matter where we are as Christians; … no matter what we’re going through; … our Lord and His Spirit are praying for us. Yes, even when we don’t know how or what to pray!

And I don’t know about you, fellow readers with me here today; but after I took in Dennis Jernigan’s song (linked above) and realized the truth depicted in today’s Scriptures, I was lifted up with joy.

Yes, I’m so thankful when my Christians friends pray for me, … maybe even you praying for me. But, … my friends, … today, no less than my King Jesus prays for me … FOR ME … and for you!!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your prayers. Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: