Monday, September 26, 2016

September 26, 2016: Seeking His Peace

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 270

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of the acapella group, Vocal Point, singing … Be Still My Soul, poignantly singing of the peace we can receive from God when we humbly bring our troubles to our Lord.


Highlight Passage: Matthew 11:28 [NKJV] …
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
… Seeking our peace by resting in Jesus.
============
Highlight Passage: Matthew 11:25-30 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK ...
   … Our Lord is our only real source of peace.
===========


Reference Passage #1 … Psalm 23:4 [NKJV] …
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; … for Your are with me; … Your rod and staff, they comfort me. 
… Peace comes in following the Good Shepherd

Reference Passage #2 … Philippians 4:6-7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Paul gives us God’s peace that surpasses all human understanding, which is ours when we bring our trials to the Lord in thankful prayer.

Reference Passage #3 … 1st Peter 5:6-7 [NKJV] …
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 
… And Peter says it too … to humbly bring our cares to God.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Joe Stowell, related a personal experience, teaching about finding God’s peace. He wrote: While attending a concert, my mind detoured to a troublesome issue that insisted on my attention. Thankfully, the distraction was short-lived as the words of a beautiful hymn began to reach deep into my being. A men’s a capella group was singing “Be Still, My Soul.” Tears welled up as I listened to the words and contemplated the restful peace that only God can give: ... [Hear the linked song above] 
"Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side! Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain; leave to thy God to order and provide; in every change He faithful will remain." 

Whom among us hasn't needed, … perhaps now needs, or … at some future time, will need peace from the turmoils of life? … Duh!!! … Well, that’s all of us! … And today’s ODB addresses God’s prescription for receiving His peace, … that peace that is way beyond human understanding.

And above, in the Scriptures provided, no less than Jesus Himself, King David, and the Apostles Paul and Peter, tell us where we can find God’s peace. But it will be ours only when we’re willing to come to God, humbly surrendering our troubles, with a heart of thanksgiving, and casting all our cares before God’s throne of grace, knowing and trusting that our God can provide us with His peace.

I don’t know about you; but … I’m in for some God’s peace today!!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I lay my trials at Your feet, seeking your grace and peace. Amen

========================
PS: If you want to read a powerful little book, written by a Godly friend of mine, about seeking/finding God’s peace, GO TO THIS LINK to solve God’s equation for peace.
=============================

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: