Wednesday, September 07, 2016

September 7, 2016: Whatever It Takes Worship

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 251  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of images from the group Hillsong singing … Here I Am To Worship, poignantly and prayerfully expressing what should be our attitude of worship 24/7 … in every way and in everything we think, say, and do.

 
Highlight Passage: Mark 14:6 [NKJV] …
  6 But Jesus said, “Let her alone. Why do you trouble her? She has done a good work for Me. 
… Jesus knew Mary’s heart was to worship Him.
===========
Highlight Context … Mark 14:3-9 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Mark’s version of the story of Mary anointing Jesus as He traveled to Jerusalem on His final journey before Passover.
===========

Reference Passage #1 … John 12:1-8 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… The Apostle John’s version of the story of Mary’s worship of her Lord

Reference Passage #2 … Acts 1: 8 [NKJV] …  
8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be witnesses for Me in Jerusalem, in Judea and Samaria, and to the rest of the world. 
… Jesus’s charge for His disciples to become witnesses in His name wherever they are and whatever they are doing.

Reference Passage #3 … Romans 12:1-2 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Paul is clear on what it takes to be in an attitude of “worship” for our Lord … we’re to become “living sacrifices” for Him.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Tim Gustafson, used a story of a young girl witnessing for Christ on Facebook. He wrote: When her friends say thoughtless or outrageous things on social media, Charlotte chimes in with gentle but firm dissent. She respects the dignity of everyone, and her words are unfailingly positive. 
A few years ago she became Facebook friends with a man who harbored anger toward Christians. He appreciated Charlotte’s rare honesty and grace. Over time his hostility melted. Then Charlotte suffered a bad fall. Now housebound, she fretted over what she could do. About that time her Facebook friend died and then this message arrived from his sister: “[Because of your witness] I know he’s now experiencing God’s complete and abiding love for him.”   

That is my prayer every day when I go to Facebook to post my journal entry (i.e., the words I’m writing here today); … that my friends - or any readers - will be touched by what God’s Spirit has given me and that what I write will be a strong witness and worship of our Lord; … because I’m here to worship His Name and to witness to His glory.

And again this day, as all days, I come here to pour my out my witness so that mine is an attitude of worship just as was that of Mary of Bethany in the passages of Mark and John above. And I desire for my life to be a living sacrifice as Paul wrote about in Romans 12:1 … or a strong witness as Jesus demanded of all of His disciples in Acts 1:8.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … Lord, here I am - even on Facebook - to worship You in Spirit and in truth.  Amen    

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: