Saturday, April 08, 2017

April 8, 2017 ... My Shepherd Forever

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 98 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from the group, Hillsong, singing their song … Jesus, You’re All I Need … poignantly declaring that Jesus, our Good Shepherd, is all we really need in this life as well as the next.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Genesis 48:16 … [NLT] … 
15 Then he blessed Joseph and said, … “May the God before whom my grandfather Abraham and my father, Isaac, walked— the God who has been my Shepherd all my life, to this very day, … 
… Jacob trusted the relationship he had experienced, having been a shepherd, to the “Good Shepherd,” … his Lord and Savior.
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Genesis 48:8-16 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jacob blesses his son and grandsons with the faithfulness of his eternal Shepherd, … His Lord and God.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … John 10:14-16 [NLT] … 
14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, 15 just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock with one shepherd. 
 … Jesus is the “Good Shepherd” for all who’re willing to come to His call.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Revelation 7:17 [NLT] … 
17  For the Lamb on the throne will be there Shepherd. … He will lead them to springs of life-giving water. And God will wipe every tear from their eyes. 
… King Jesus on His throne of grace is the Good Shepherd, providing eternal life for all who die to self and live for Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Keila Ochoa, used a personal story and a biblical reference to Jacob to illustrate how God can be our forever shepherd if we choose Him to lead us to glory. The ODB author wrote: When my son changed grades in school he cried, “I want my teacher for life!” We had to help him realize that changing teachers is a part of life. We may wonder: Is there any relationship that can last a lifetime? 
Jacob, the patriarch, found out there is one. After living through many dramatic changes and losing loved ones along the way, he realized there had been a constant presence in his life. He prayed, “May the God . . . who has been my shepherd all my life to this day . . . bless these boys” (Gen. 48:15–16). 

Jacob in his waning days, knew what the group Hillsong sings in today’s linked song; and he wanted His son and grandsons to be blessed by the Shepherd of His soul, … the One Who would bring him to the throne in glory with the Lamb of God, … He Who also is the “Good Shepherd,” … the One Who leads His sheep (that’s us, folks!) to His eternal waters of life.

I pray that all reading here with me, will follow our Good Shepherd to graze in His eternal pastures forever.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … LORD, … I know Your voice and You have called me to follow You a my Good Shepherd. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: