Friday, May 12, 2017

May 12, 2017 … God’s Spirit Presence

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 132 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of Francesca Battiselli singing her song … Holy Spirit … poignantly singing of the presence and power of the same Spirit Who raised Jesus from the dead and now lives in the hearts of all truly born-again Christians.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 16:13 … [NLT] … 
13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. 
… And that same Spirit promised to Jesus’ Disciples now is present right here with me today! 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 16:7-15 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus promises the coming presence and power of the Holy Spirit to His anxious Disciples the night before His crucifixion, the same Spirit Who resides now in the hearts of all born-again believers.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Deuteronomy 31:6-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The very same Spirit Who promised to go ahead of Moses and His people is the very same Spirit Who will go ahead of me today.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Psalm 116:1-2 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s Spirit will bend down to hear my (and your) prayers today.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … Acts 1:8 [NLT] … 
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” 
… Jesus promised ALL believers that His Spirit will be imparted into our hearts (and my heart today) to give us (me) the power to be His witnesses in this world; and that He would always be with me.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Boucher Pye, told of a personal incident which reminded her of the constant presence/power of God’s Spirit in her life. The ODB author wrote: As I boarded the airplane to study in a city a thousand miles from home, I felt nervous and alone. But during the flight, I remembered how Jesus promised His disciples the comforting presence of the Holy Spirit. 

My fellow Christian, reading with me here today, as I read that little vignette from the ODB this morning, I was reminded, as I often am, that when I came to this quiet place to pray and to meditate on God’s word, the very same Holy Spirit Who was promised to the 11 remaining Disciples the night before Jesus going to the cross (see highlight passage), is the Spirt who bent down to hear my prayers today (see Psalm 116:1-2); … and He’s the very same Spirit who promised Moses that He would NEVER forsake His people and would go ahead of them into the Promised Land, just as He will go ahead of me today (see Deut. 31:6-8).

And my friend, He’s the very same Spirit Whom Jesus has imparted into my (and your) heart so that we can be His witness in/to the world today. So, right now, I don’t know about you; but I’m feeling the very presence of God’s Spirit just as Francesca Battiselli sings in the linked song above. And PLEASE take the time to hear the song in your quiet time with God today! And then, let’s go with God’s Spirit and witness God’s love and grace to a world who needs Him desperately.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … dear Lord, … Your Spirit goes ahead with me today!! … HALLELUJAH!! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: