Tuesday, May 30, 2017

May 30, 2017 … Mercy Me!!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 150 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from Gordon Mote singing … Mercy Walked In … poignantly singing of the mercy extended by Jesus to any/all, even the guilty, who would repent and receive His grace-filled offer of Salvation.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Luke 18:13 [NKJV] … 
13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 
… Any all sinners can receive God’s mercy when they repent and receive Christ as Lord and Savior. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Luke 18:9-14 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus parable tells of mercy shown to even a hated tax-collector who was repentant for his sin. 
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … John 3:16-17 [NKJV] … 
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 
… Mercy and God’s saving grace for all who repent and believe in the Lordship of King Jesus.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … 1st John 1:9 [NKJV] … 
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 
Now that’s mercy! 

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, used a personal story to illustrate mercy extended and offered by Jesus and then mercy received by those who need it. The ODB author wrote: When I complained that a friend’s choices were leading her deeper into sin and how her actions affected me, the woman I prayed with weekly placed her hand over mine. “Let’s pray for all of us.” 
I frowned. “All of us?” 
“Yes,” she said. “Aren’t you the one who always says Jesus sets our standard of holiness, so we shouldn’t compare our sins to the sins of others?” 
“That truth hurts a little,” I said, “but you’re right. My judgmental attitude and spiritual pride are no better or worse than her sins.” 
“And by talking about your friend, we’re gossiping. So—” “We’re sinning.” 
I lowered my head. “Please, pray for us.” 

Yes, … mercy, … even for me, a sinner who didn’t deserve His grace; but just as the tax-collector in the Luke 18 parable, my Lord freely pursued ME, a flagrant sinner, and when I repented of my sin, He poured out His saving grace to me to save me from myself. Oh, MERCY ME!!!

And my friend, I pray that any reading here have repented of your sin and found the mercy that King Jesus offers to any of us today. And if you have, I pray that we all lift our praises to the One Who died and shed His blood so that we could Have His mercy and grace … day-by-day (see 1st John 1:9) … now … and FOREVER!!!

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Lord, … I have been freed from myself to serve You, King Jesus. … HALLELUJAH!!! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: