Sunday, May 07, 2017

May 7, 2017 … Praise Him Anyway!!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 127 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of the group Hillsong singing their song … Sing To The Lord … singing praises to our Lord in worship to King Jesus … Let’s sing with them … “GREAT IS OUR GOD!!”


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Matthew 26:30 … [NLT] … 
30 Then they sang a hymn and went out to the Mount of Olives. 
… Even in the darkest of moments, Jesus and His Disciples in the upper room sang praises to their God.
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Matthew 26:18-30 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus knew He was about to be betrayed and crucified and yes, He and His Disciples sang praises to God.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Psalm 104:33 [NLT] … 
33 I will sing to the Lord as long as I live. I will praise my God to my last breath. 
… A song of praise … to be sung no matter what our circumstances might be.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Psalm 118:22-24 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… From the Songs of Praise for Passover, God’s people sing praises as their Messiah would become their cornerstone.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, tells of a friend being able to praise God as the friend’s world became darker and darker. The ODB author wrote: Even though my friend Mickey was losing his eyesight, he told me, “I’m going to keep praising God every day, because He’s done so much for me.” Jesus gave Mickey, and us, the ultimate reason for such never-ending praise. 

It’s tough to praise God in dark times, isn’t it? But shouldn’t we take heart from Jesus singing praises in His darkest hour of passion (see highlight passage). And from the praise songs He and His disciples sang in that upper room (likely from Psalms 113-118 - see Ps. 118:22-24 above).

And today, likely some reading here are going thru a time of darkness, maybe even despair. But can we set our downers aside for a moment; and get on our knees, as I have this day, and praise our Lord … for He his good … and He has taken on the ultimate in darkness that we might live in His light forever?

And no matter what our condition might be today, let us join with the group Hillsong in the linked song and let us all praise His Holy Name!!!

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … dear Lord, … We, who love You, come here today to PRAISE YOUR HOLY NAME!! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: