Tuesday, May 02, 2017

May 2, 2017 … Just One Touch

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 122 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …   Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from The Gaither Vocal Band singing the Gaither classic … He Touched Me … poignantly singing of the glorious power of our Savior to transform and heal us with just one touch from His grace.

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Matthew 8:3 … [NLT] … 
3 Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared. 
… With a true believer, one touch from the Messiah is all it takes.
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Matthew 8:1-4 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… One touch from Jesus to one who truly believes is all it takes to heal for eternity. 
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Luke 4:18 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus proclaims that He came to set the captives free and give sight to the blind … and touch the lives of any/all who would believe on Him with salvation.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … John 10:9 [NLT] … 
9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 
… Jesus is willing to pour His saving grace and touch the soul of any surrendered/repentant believer.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … Acts 9:17-18 [NKJV] … 
17 So Ananias went and found Saul. He laid his hands on him and said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road, has sent me so that you might regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 Instantly something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he got up and was baptized. 
… Just one touch from a God-anointed Ananias caused the newly saved Paul to see again from the blindness of his former unbelief.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Tim Gustafson, used the story of one life being truly touched by God’s love. The ODB author wrote: Kiley leaped at the chance to go to a remote area of East Africa to assist a medical mission, yet she felt uneasy. She didn’t have any medical experience. Still, she could provide basic care. While there, she met a woman with a horrible but treatable disease. The woman’s distorted leg repulsed her, but Kiley knew she had to do something. As she cleaned and bandaged the leg, her patient began crying. Concerned, Kiley asked if she was hurting her. “No,” she replied. “It’s the first time anyone has touched me in nine years.” 

A little over 35 years ago on my way to work I was “touched” by the truth of a testimony and many years of an atheists rejection was shattered, and the healing grace of Christ flooded into my mind and heart. Just one “touch” from my Lord changed me [literally] forever. Jesus reached out thru the words of that testimony as I heard it that day and He was willing to touch my untouchable soul and save me, … just as the Gaither Band sings about in in the linked song today.

Really I was not too much different that that leper who Jesus healed in Matt. 4 or Saul of Tarsus who became the Apostle Paul by a loving touch from Jesus thru Ananias (see Acts 9). And all it takes for Jesus to touch a lost soul with His saving/healing grace is a surrendered believer who is willing to be touched and transformed forever (see Romans 10:9). And that was me on the road to work one morning just as it was for Saul on the road to Damascus (again in Acts 9).

I pray that all who read here with me have been touched by God’s love and have received His healing/saving grace; … if not, today could be the day He touches you; and I’m certainly just an email away (at billb13@bellsouth.net ) If you’d like to contact me for God’s touch of love.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … dear Lord, … thank You for touching my soul even today with your love and grace. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: