Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15, 2017 … His Word Is Forever

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 135 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from the Maranatha Singers singing … Thy Word … poignantly singing of the reality that God has provided His eternal and powerful WORD to guide us thru this life.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Isaiah 40:8 … [NLT] … 
8 The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the world of our God stands forever. 
… The seeds planted in good soil, well nourished, will thrive, grow, and produce good fruit. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Isaiah 40:1-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God thru Isaiah assured His people that they would be reprieved for their sins when they came to follow His word, which endures forever.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Psalm 119:105 [NLT] … 
105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. 
… God’s truth (i.e., His word) never loses power for what He purposes through it.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Isaiah 55:11 [NLT] … 
11 It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. 
… God’s truth (i.e., His word) never loses power for what He purposes through it.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … 2nd Timothy 3: 16-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, relates the reality of the eternal purpose and power found in God’s word.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, told a personal story to illustrate how everything in this life will wither and fade except the purpose and power of God’s Word. The ODB author wrote: As a toddler, my son Xavier enjoyed giving me flowers. I appreciated every freshly picked weed or store-bought blossom he purchased with his dad. I treasured each gift until it wilted and had to be thrown away. 
One day, Xavier gave me a beautiful bouquet of artificial flowers. He grinned as he arranged the silk white calla lily, yellow sunflower, and purple hydrangea in a glass vase. “Look, Mommy,” he said. “They’ll last forever. That’s how much I love you.” 

No, … not even those artificial flowers will last forever; but there’s one thing we Christians can rely upon which has eternal purpose and power; … and you probably know it … GOD’S WORD. And that’s what God, through Isaiah, was relating to His people in Isaiah 40:8 and 55:11. And it’s what Paul was telling Timothy (and all Christians) in 2Timothy 3:16-17.

Dear ones, God’s word is everything the Psalmist wrote about in Psalm 119 (if you have about 30 minutes to honor God, take the time to read/meditate in this powerful song). Think about it! The Bible is Creator God speaking directly to any/all who truly are surrendered to Him and desire to let Him lead us thru life (see Psalm 119:105).

So, … it’s really no mystery why I somewhat compulsively come here everyday to dwell in God’s word and seek out His truth for my life. How often and how much time do you devote to taking in God’s truth? … I pray you do DAILY. Because if you do, God, the Father, will transform you into the image of His Son, thru the power of His Spirit.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … dear Lord, … I’m fed and sustained by the Bread of Life and Your living waters found in Your Word. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: