Wednesday, January 01, 2020

January 1, 2020 … Praying Again

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 1 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Jaci Velasquez singing … On My Knees … poignantly singing of how we need to be in prayer always, and especially when we feel down.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1Timothy 2:1 [ESV] ...   First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, … 
… Paul shows the priority all Christians should make to pray for each other.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1Timothy 2:1-7 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Paul, in mentoring Timothy and to all the flock Timothy was pastoring in Ephesus, exhorts all Christians to pray ALWAYS.
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 116:1-2 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… Knowing God will listen to His prayers, David sings of his desire to go to the Lord in prayer as long as he lives.

Reference Passage : … John 15:7 [ESV] … 7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 
… Jesus tells His disciples (and us) how our prayer has power … when we abide in Him and His word.

Reference Passage : … 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 [ESV] … 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 
… Paul showed the priority we need to have to pray “without ceasing,” thankfully bringing our requests to God.

Reference Passage : … 1 Peter 5:6-7 [ESV] … 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.. 
… We need to be humbly taking our anxieties to God in prayer because our Lord so cares for us. My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, uses a story of a friend who had prayed for him with a powerful outcome in his past. … The ODB author wrote: That text message from an old friend came with a photo of a note she’d kept in her Bible: “Pray for James. Cover mind, thoughts, words.” Beside my name she’d recorded three separate years. 
 I looked at the years and caught my breath. I wrote back and asked what month she began to pray. She responded, “Sometime around July.” 
That was the month I was preparing to leave home for extended study abroad. I would be facing an unfamiliar culture and language and have my faith challenged like never before. As I looked at the note, I realized I’d received the precious gift of generous prayer.  

Hey, … fellow Christian, … is God’s Spirit prompting you to pray for someone on this first day of 2020? If so, … as we might be led by this first ODB entry of the year … and the song by Jaci Velasquez … and the powerful exhortations about prayer in the Scriptures above, … let’s just stop right here and pray for that person. I am; … join me!

And then, come back here tomorrow … and join me for the rest of this year daily … as we dig into God’s word together … and pray for each other.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for always praying for me and for being there to hear our prayers.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to pray for each other as Your Spirit leads us to bring our needs and cares to you daily. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: