Thursday, January 30, 2020

January 30, 2020 … God’s Strength > My Weakness

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 30 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Dottie Rambo with a praise group singing her song … He Looked Beyond My Fault … poignantly singing of how our Lord provides us with His strength in our weakness … And Using this link  to hear Steven Curtis Chapman singing, His Strength Is Perfect, ... reinforcing the truth that God’s strength, thru His empowering grace, is always there for the believer who feels weak.

2nd Corinthians 12:9

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Isaiah 35:3 [ESV] ...  3  Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees. 
… God’s weak-kneed people needed His strength.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Isaiah 35:1-4 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God encourages His people to trust in His strength to cover their weaknesses.
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalms 16:8, 27:1, 37:5 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… King David sings of the strength he gets by trusting in the Lord.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10, 13 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… God promises, thru Isaiah, to lift God’s trusting people up when they (WE) feel weak.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 11:28-30 [ESV] … 28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
… Jesus invites all who follow Him as disciples to let Him help us carry the loads of life.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 12:9 [ESV] … 9 But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
… Paul reminds Christians that God’s grace is sufficient to cover our weaknesses.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:13 [ESV] … 13  I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. 
… Paul knew where his strength came from to handle all situations.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Linda Washington, uses a personal story to illustrate how God lifts up those who need His strength. … The ODB author wrote: When I was a kid, I thought the song title “He Looked Beyond My Fault and Saw My Need,” written by Dottie Rambo in 1967 [see #1 linked song], was “He Looked Beyond My Faults and Saw My Knees.” Employing the logic of a child, I wondered why God would look at knees. Was it because they were weak? I knew that weak-kneed meant “afraid.” I later discovered that Dottie had written the song about God’s unconditional love in response to her brother Eddie’s belief that he was unlovable because of the wrong things he’d done. Dottie assured him that God saw his weakness but loved him anyway. 

If my readers today have heard the two linked songs, especially the last one by Steven Curtis Chapman, and you’ve meditated on the Scriptures above, I don’t need to add a lot of exhortation or encouragement to the Our Daily Bread message today, do I?

No, … we get it; … or at least we should. And I’m sure we all identify that there are going to be times when we feel weak. Most certainly; … maybe even today!! But in those times, the question is … will we seek to receive and use God’s strength and empowering grace to cover our weakness. … I pray we do!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Jesus, … for calling me to use Your strength to lift me up when I feel weak - as I do today.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to reach out and pray to receive our Lord’s amazing, empowering grace. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: