Sunday, November 19, 2023

November 19, 2023 … His Strength For My Weakness …

November 19, 2023 … His Strength For My Weakness …   


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman  singing  … His Strength Is Perfect …  Poignantly and yet powerfully singing of how God offers His perfect strength to cover our human weakness.     


Victory by Granger McKoy ... 

============        

Highlight Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:9 [NLT] … 

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

… In the weakness and pain of Paul’s thorn in the flesh, Paul remembered God’s promise of the Lord giving Paul God’s enabling (empowering) grace and strength to cover Paul’s weakness.   


Highlight Passage (in context):  2Corinthians 12:1-10 (NLT) … USE THIS LINK   

… Paul’s testimony of God allowing Satan to give him a thorn in the flesh which Pall came to realize was necessary for him to receive God’s empowering grace to cover Paul’s human weakness.            

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: …Isaiah 40:31  (NLT] …  

31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.  They will soar high on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow early, They will walk and not faint.  

… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, of His strength to lift up the faithful and trusting follower of the Lord. . 


Reference Passage: …Isaiah 41:10  (NLT] …  

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold up up with my victorious right hand  

… Isaiah repeats God’s promise of providing His strength to lift up believers in our human weaknesses.  


Reference Passage: … Matthew 11:28-30 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK

… Jesus offers His yoke (i.e., His strength) to give His faithful rest and strength in our weakness.      

Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 10:13 [NLT] …  </b>

13 The temptations [also translated “trials or troubles or tribulations”] in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. 

… Paul assures fellow believers that, for believers, God will not allow trials in life to be more than His disciples can handle with God’s enabling grace to show believers the way. 


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:13 [NLT] … 

13 For I can do EVERYTHING through Christ, Who gives me strength. 

… Paul also assures fellow Christians that they (we) will receive God’s strength to deal with the trials or troubles in life. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Elisa Morgan … AT THIS LINK …  writes about a powerful sculpture by Granger McKoy, entitled “Victory,” (see photo),  which depicts one wing of a pintail duck in flight, showing the bird’s power in flight in spite of the weak cycle of its wings in flight.        


I would think that all reading here with me would agree that all God’s children have human weaknesses that only God’s strength and grace can give us the power to overcome.  So, if you’ve taken in ALL of Steven Curtis Chapman’s linked song, and mediated on the Scriptures above, I believe you - as I was - will be uplifted and called to receive God’s empowering grace to lift us in the flight we call life.                                                                                             

   

My THANKFULNESS ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your strength to overcome my weaknesses.                                                                   

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, … to fly today by Your enabling and empowering grace, Lord.   … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.