Saturday, November 25, 2023

November 25, 2023… Take the shot!! …

November 25, 2023… Take the shot!! …    


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Jeremy Camp singing  … Walk By Faith …  Powerfully singing of how we Christians must walk by faith and not by sight.  



============        

Highlight Passage: … Hebrews 11;1 [6NLT] … 

Faith shows the reality of what we hope for, it is the evidence of things we rabbit see.  

…God gives the definition of what genuine faith really is; and that is trusting God without being able to see the results of our actions in faith.   

Highlight Passage (in context) … Hebrews 11:1-8  ... USE THIS LINK ...  

… God’s word, thru the Author of Hebrews, gives named and justified examples of believers who acted in faith in their God without often being able to have sight support of their actions in faith.   

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: …Psalm 119:105 (NLT] … 

105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path   

… God’s protection plan for those who want to follow Him in faith … and that is to use His word light our path.  


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… God promises, thru Solomon, to show the way for those who trust in Him. 


Reference Passage: … Romans 1:17 [NLT] …  

17 This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”  

… The Apostle Paul teaches from the Old Testament (see Habakkuk 2:4 ) that Christians musts live and walk by faith … ALWAYS!! 


Reference Passage: …2Corinthians 5:7 (NLT] …   

<i>  For we live by believing, and not by seeing.   </i>

… The Apostle Paul exhorts fellow Christians to join him and live by faith and not by sight. 


Reference Passage: …Galatians 2:20 (NLT] … 

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me.   

… The Apostle Paul gives testimony of how following Christ by faith had transformed his life.   


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread Author , Katara Patton  AT THIS LINK ...  writes of a photographer on a morning walk by Lake Michigan, who noted the sun striking the water in a stunning way; and stopping, … with his camera, … the photographer, tho he could not see the resulting picture in his view-finder, new - by experience - that the camera would capture a spectacular photo.   


And as the ODB author was trying to illustrate,… that is what our life in Christ is all about, … living and acting by faith rather than the way se see things thru our own eyes.   I’ve learned over the years of my faith as a born-again Christian to let God’s word and seeing life thru His eyes of truth to guide me, rather than relying on my own eyes to show me the way to go in life.  Hence, you see me using God’s word - here day after day - to guide me in life rather than the way I may see things day-by-day.   How about you?   What’re you following today that you KNOW will give you the right way to go ... and then again tomorrow?                                                                                            

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for Your word, which ALWAYS shows me the way to go.                                                               

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, …to let Your light of truth, Lord, guide our steps again today and then tomorrow.    … Amen . 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: