Monday, August 08, 2016

August 8, 2016: Waiting With Love

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 221  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Sara Groves singing … I’ll Wait, poignantly singing the reality of all Christians to wait in anticipation of the return of our Lord.


Highlight Passage:  Revelation 22: [NKJV] …  
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” … Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! … I, for one, await My Lord’s return!
===========
Highlight Context – Revelation 22:12-21 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Jesus defending the little children.
===========      

Reference Passage #1 … John 3:16-17 [ NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… He loved us so much!!

Reference Passage #2 … Revelation 19:7-8 [ NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… I am preparing for His return.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Keila Ochoa, told a story about her son to illustrate how much we Christians should be anticipating the return of our Savior. She wrote: The day before my husband was to return home from a business trip my son said, “Mom! I want Daddy to come home.” I asked him why, expecting him to say something about the presents his daddy usually brings back or that he missed playing ball with him. But with solemn seriousness he answered, “I want him to come back because I love him!” 

Our Lord and our Bridegroom has declared, through His Apostle, John, that He’ll be coming home soon (see the highlight passage); and seeing all the events in our lives, it seems His return is imminent. But have we, as Christ’s Bride (i.e., the Church) been waiting for Him as God described we should (see Revelation 19:7-8), i.e., by preparing our linens because we love him so much, … much like the little boy in the Ochoa’s story was waiting on his daddy.

Just because we love Him as He loved us [yes, we know - from John 3:16] … and as Sara Groves sings in today’s song, … we wait with anticipation.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … Lord Jesus, … I’m waiting. … Oh, dear lord, … come soon!  Amen    

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: