Monday, April 09, 2018

April 9, 2018 … Our Legacy?

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 99 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics of Nicole Nordeman singing Her song … Legacy … poignantly singing of the kind of legacy Christians should leave behind from lives surrendered to Christ.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Malachi 3:16 [NLT] … 16 Then those who feared the Lord spoke with each other, and the Lord listened to what they said. In His presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared Him and always thought about the honor of his name. 
… God will never forget those who’ve loved Him and left a legacy of His love behind them. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Malachi 3:16-18 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… It’s God’s promise never to abandon His legacy of faith.
=============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 49:14 -15 [NLT] … 14  Yet Jerusalem says,“The Lord has deserted us; the Lord has forgotten us.” … 15 “Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? 
… God will never forget nor abandon His children.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 25:14-30 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
 … Jesus’ parable of the talents and how the Master will reward His “good and faithful” servants who’ve left behind them a legacy of fruitful servanthood to their King.

Reference Passage : … Luke 6:32-36 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus, to HIs followers on the legacy of Kingdom Living which disciples of His should leave behind.

Reference Passage : … 1st Corinthians 3:7-9 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, teaches on God reward in Heaven for those who live a legacy of His grace in their lives.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, David H Roper, teaches on how Christians should leave a legacy of Christlikeness as we live out our lives for God’s glory. … The ODB author wrote: Some years ago our sons and I spent a week on an abandoned backcountry ranch on the Salmon River, Idaho’s “River of No Return.” 
One day, exploring the ranch, I came across an ancient grave with a wooden marker. Whatever inscription the marker may have borne had long since been weathered away. Someone lived and died—now was forgotten. The gravesite seemed tragic to me. After we got home I spent several hours reading about the history of the old ranch and that area, but could find no information about the person buried there. 
They say that the best among us is remembered for 100 years or so. The rest of us are soon forgotten. The memory of past generations, like our markers, soon fades away. Yet our legacy has been passed on through the family of God. 

After taking in this ODB entry, meditating on the Scriptures above, … especially Jesus’ parable of the talents in Matt. 25, … I was stricken by the glaringly obvious questions as to whether I will be one who will leave a legacy of Christlikeness in the way I live out the rest of my life; … and whether, when I see Jesus face-to-face in glory, He will lay a crown of glory in my head, saying, “Well done, my good and faithful servant!”

So, my dear fellow reader, … what really will be our Christian legacy from now until that pre-ordained time in heaven?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for giving me the grace to leave a legacy of Your love behind me.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Help me to leave a legacy of Your grace behind as walk the remainder of my path on this earth. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: