Saturday, June 09, 2018

June 9, 2018 … Perfect Daddy

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 159 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images and lyrics from the group Hillsong singing … Abba Father … poignantly singing of the love we can lavish on our Heavenly Father because of His love in us thru His Son, our Savior, Jesus.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 27:10 [NKJV] … 10 When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the Lord will take care of me. 
… Even when his earthly father might forsake him, David knew his Heavenly Father would not.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 27 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… David knew that His loving Heavenly Father would always be there for him.
=============

Reference Passage : … John 6:44, 10:30, 14:6 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus and His Father are one; and no one comes to the Father except thru the Son.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5 [NKJV] … 5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 
… Contentment in what God has provided because He will/would never leave us or forsake us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, used a personal reflection of his (our) Heavenly Father in the context of our attitude about our earthly father. The ODB author wrote: Standing in the crowded store aisle, I struggled to find the perfect Father’s Day card. Although we had reconciled after years of a strained connection, I had never felt close to my dad. 
The woman next to me groaned and shoved the card she’d been reading back into the display. “Why can’t they make cards for people who don’t have good relationships with their fathers, but are trying to do the right thing?” 
She stormed off before I could respond, so I prayed for her. Thanking God for affirming only He could be a perfect Father, I asked Him to strengthen my relationship with my dad. 

We’re very close to the day we set aside annually to honor Dads. And it calls to mind the attitude many sons/daughters have of their earthly fathers, which often casts a strong influence on how one views his/her Heavenly Father.

I have a friend who has no trouble believing in and worshiping God, the Son, as Savior and Lord; but in his heart he has trouble trusting God, the Father, because of the way his earthly dad treated him. Perhaps you, or someone you know, has a father whose earthly relationship causes him/her to balk at loving our Heavenly Father. But as with King David (see Psalm 27), we can come to our Father in heaven with PERFECT trust because of His PERFECT love for us.

So, … if we can love God’s Son, Jesus, The Christ, the One Who died for us on the cross for our sins, perhaps we can (should) just take Him at His word when He said … “I and My Father are one!” [see John 10:30] And since Jesus will never leave us, nor forsake us (see Hebrews 13:5), we can come to - or thru - our belief and trust in Jesus to go to our Abba Father, knowing that He will ALWAYS be the DADDY we all need and can trust.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for being my loving Father as well as my Friend.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit ... Lord, I crawl up in Your lap today, Abba, feeling the warmth of your love. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: