Thursday, October 31, 2019

October 31, 2019 … Scarred Witness

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 304 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from the group I Am They singing … Scars ... poignantly singing of how God uses the scars from our past to give witness to His restoration and healing thru His word and His Spirit.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 20:27 [NKJV] ... 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” 
… Jesus dispels Thomas’ doubts so He could believe … just as He can dispel our doubts when we have faith to believe in His restoring power to heal us thru His Spirit.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 20:24-29 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Jesus shows Thomas His scars, … evidence of His resurrection and life …
==============

Reference Passage : … Job 42:5-6, 16-17 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Job’s past scars are healed after he repented of his sin of doubt to God …

Reference Passage : … Psalm 32:1-5 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… David gives witness to God’s healing grace after his repentance and confession of sin with Bathsheba and the murder of her husband.

Reference Passage : … Acts 1:8 [NKJV] … 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” 
… Jesus wants His disciples to give witness to His ability to heal the scars of our past wherever and whenever we can.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Elisa Morgan uses personal story to illustrate our the scars from our past tell a story of God’s healing and restoration. … The ODB author wrote: The butterfly flitted in and out of my mother’s panda-faced pansies. As a child, I longed to catch it. I raced from our backyard into our kitchen and grabbed a glass jar, but on my hasty return, I tripped and hit the concrete patio hard. The jar smashed under my wrist and left an ugly slash that would require eighteen stitches to close. Today the scar crawls like a caterpillar across my wrist, telling the story of both wounding and healing. 

Scars. We all have them, don’t we, ... if not physically, perhaps emotionally?  I’ve got a bunch of them from my past of running from God and falling into dark patterns of sexual sin, all of which left emotional and even physical scars. But now, … having repented of those patterns of sin and surrendered to the healing grace of Jesus, as Lord, my scars have become my witness to God’s restoration and renewal of my soul. And anyone can read of my witness and the ministry power of God’s healing grace AT THIS WEBSITE .

And I pray today that all reading here listen intently to the linked song and have meditated on the Scriptures above, especially how God restored even the scars of Job (see Job 42) or King David (see Psalm 32). And Jesus has commanded us (see Acts 1:8) to give witness to God’s restorative grace by sharing the stories of how God is healing us.

And further I pray that we all give witness to that wherever and whenever we can.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for healing those who, in faith, come to have our scars restored by your Spirit’s power.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to repent and receive our Lord’s healing grace. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: