Saturday, February 28, 2009

2009 – Day 58.Feb.28 – Through It All

2009 – Day 58.Feb.28 – Through It All

Passage of the Day: Exodus 2: 15 – 25 …
Linked to passage for study …

My Journal for Today: Okay, same passage again; but this time the emphasis is on Moses learning patience to wait on God’s plan and purpose. As Swindoll posits, you can bet that years before Moses saw the bush burning on the Mountain, he had heard about the Jews languishing in slavery in Egypt. And I’m sure he grieved, knowing that these were “his people,” … God’s people.

But he didn’t take the cause onto his own shoulders, organize a stealth party or army to attack Egypt. No, … our hero in the wilderness waited; and he learned the lessons of patience, humility, and meekness, character traits which would be modeled in the Messiah to come. And when God’s timing was right and Moses had been prepared, God showed Moses what the plan was for action.

So, often when I see a problem I want to jump to solve it, many times taking the whole load on my own shoulders and tracking ahead of God’s design. Ever been there? I’ll bet you have. So many times our egos want to be problem solvers in and of our selves; and the latter is the key to our likely failure. We’re trying to get ahead of God, not trusting that He will show us the timing, the resources, and the plan. And that is called “enabling grace.” But we simply don’t trust that God is with us and even willing to go ahead of us, … IF …, we would but wait on Him (see Deut. 31: 8).

I could drag this out with testimony and much witness; but the truth is here; and Moses’ life in these looks at this passage for the past few days really is convicting enough – at least for this shepherd … and probably for you as well.

My Prayer for Today: Lord, help me to learn the lessons of patience, waiting on You to show me The Way, … Your way. Amen

No comments: