Wednesday, July 29, 2009

2009 – Day 209.July 29 – When God Calls The Shots

Passage of the Day: Esther 7 … Linked for study …

My Journal for Today:
This plot, i.e., Esther’s life, is thick with intrigue, drama, and the old story of evil combating good which we love when we often go to the movies to watch the good guys win over the bad guys. And yet no where in this intriguing true story is there one mention – by name or direct reference – of “God.” Yet, we know God is in the background, weaving the story together and steering the events to save His people and to use this young Jewess for His glory. As we’d say down here in the southern USA, “It’s a God thing!”

And when I take the time to look back over my life, “it’s a God thing” … through and through. And yet, He worked silently in the background of my life until I as almost 40 years old when I surrendered by life to the Lordship of Christ. In fact I had even denied God’s existence, steeped in atheism, walking away from Him during my college years; and yet, silently but doggedly, He pursued me, broke me, let me die to self, and then revived me by His Spirit. Yes, it’s true, when God is in this drama we call life, we will see Him on the move; and He cannot be stopped. When God wills it, it’s a done deal. It was true as Christ walked to the cross and declared it from that tree, saying, “It is finished.” And it was true in the intriguing life of Esther, where without being named, per se, God stitched her life together along with the other players, Mordecai, Haman, and her husband, the King, to play out a drama for the ages, … a drama we still read for inspiration and guidance to this day.

My fellow believer, I hope you take a few moments in reading this to reflect on your own drama, … your life’s story. And I hope you see the finely knit story which speaks of God’s Spirit moving and shaking in your life to shape you into the person you are becoming. Note that I don’t say “the person you are,” because He’s still molding you into the image of our Savoir [see Phil. 1: 6 - linked here]; and God is not done scripting the drama which is our lives.

Today you and I will make many choices; and only God already knows what they’ll be; but I pray that the script, as it unfolds today, will write pages into the book of our lives which will shine the Light of Christ for all to read in the future.

My Prayer for Today: Lord, I pray you write me a story where others will read one day and see You crafting a testimony to victory for Your glory. Amen

No comments: