Tuesday, July 02, 2013

July 2, 2013 … His Strength In Our Weakness

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 183

Passage of the Day #1: Philippians 4: 13 [Can God use you for something bigger than you. ] [NLT]  
13 I can do all things through Christ Who gives me the strength.
============
Contextual Study involving today’s passage found in Philippians, Chapter 4Go to this link … 
============

Reference Passage #1: 2nd Corinthians 12: 9 … [True, but in our weakness, do we trust His faith.] … [NLT]
 9 Each time He said, “My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness.” 

Devotional Song: Go to this link -  … Please hear Steven Curtis Chapman, singing the powerful and very personal song ... “His Strength Is Perfect” ... And then hear Cece Wynans sing I Surrender Allby using this link …  .

My Journal for Today: In Os Hillman’s journal entry for today, he relates the story of a New Yorker in 1857, a man who prayed for God to use his smallness for God’s greatness. His name was Jeremiah Lamphier; and his simple prayer was "Lord, what wilt Thou have me to do?" [John Woodbridge, ed., More Than Conquerors (Chicago, Illinois: Moody Press, 1992), 337] And according to Hillman’s historical research, from that humble prayer and Lamphier’s absolute surrender to God, rose a revival among busnessmen, first in New York City and then around the country just before the Civil War.

In other words, God poured the grace of empowerment into one humble servant and use that man’s humility, his prayer, and his desire to serve to ignite a firestorm of revival. What about it, fellow pilgrim? Do you think this land … i.e., this world … needs revival? Well, duh?!!!

But have you ever thought, “I’m just one weak soul; … how could God use me?”

Well, I was just reminded by my time with God this morning that I should leave the outpouring of God’s strength to God and not try to think of myself as having the responsibility for sparking any great revival. It’s God Who holds the power for and the timing for a revival in the world.

 And so, I need to pray as did Jeremiah Lamphier did … Lord, what would You have me do? and then all I need to do is surrender my all to Lord to follow Him … ANYWHERE He leads me to go and then to do ANYTHING He gives me the grace to do.

So, I pray …

My Prayer for Today … Lord, what will You have me do? … Amen

No comments: