Sunday, July 28, 2013

July 28, 2013 … Worth the wait? Oh, yes !!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 209

Devotional Song: Go to this link   … If you’re reading here with me, please use this link and hear a song sung by the Sara Groves, singing “It’s Going To Be Alright”, exhorting Christians to the patience required by faith as God works out His plan for our life.

Highlight Passage of the Day: Habakkuk 2: 2-3 [God’s plan may seem slow at times; but His plan is ALWAYS worth the wait.] … [NLT] …  
2 Then the LORD said to me, “Write My answer in large, clear letters on a tablet, so that a runner can read it and tell everyone else. 3 But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.
=============
Contextual Study involving today’s passage ...Habakkuk, Chapter 1-3 Go to this link … 
============

Reference of the Day #1: Isaiah 30: 15, …18 [And God blesses the faithful ones.] … [NLT] …
15 The Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says, “Only in returning to Me and waiting for Me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength. But you would have none of it. … 18 But the LORD still waits for you to come to Him so He can show you His love and compassion. For the LORD is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for Him to help them.

Reference of the Day #2: Proverbs 3: 5-6 [We won’t go wrong if our expectations are centered in the Savior rather than in the self.] … [NLT] …  
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.

Reference of the Day #3: Roman 8: 28 [Faith based in God’s truth will avoid doubts, disappointments, and discouragement. ] … [NLT] …  
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

My Journal for Today: If you’ve followed along with my daily journal entries for any period of time, you would have discovered that I end up commenting on my impatience quite often; and the reason for that is that of all of the fruit of the Spirit (see Galatians 5: 22, 23), PATIENCE is the one that seems the most resistant to maturation in my life. Oh so often, in my years as a Christian, I’ve had moments where I just didn’t understand WHY God was seemingly moving so slowly in my life. … Ever been there?

Well, one place I often go when I’m feeling confused and unclear as to God’s planning is into the book of Habakkuk; and I’ve linked any co-reader here today to that short book, written by a confused Prophet, … a man who was totally discouraged and dismayed over what he saw going on in his life. And as we read in the opening chapter of Habakkuk’s journal, he went right to God with his confusion (always a good strategy!).

And then in our highlight verses in Chapter 2 of Habakkuk’s book, God sits the Prophet down and tells him to wait on God to unfold The Lord’s plans; and God even warns the Prophet that things were going to get worse before they would got better. And then if you read on into Chapter 3, you see Habakkuk’s faith coming around and he learns that with patience nothing can steal the joy from a believer who’s willing to wait on God for HIS way to unfold in HIS time.

Today, in my reference quotations above, I’ve presented some passages from God’s truth, which many of us (well, at least me) find difficult to faithfully believe at times. First there is the word of God through Isaiah to God’s people (see Isaiah 30: 15, 18 above) that God will bless those who are willing to wait on the Lord. … Ugh!; … sometimes I can so be like Habakkuk, wondering so desperately why God is not willing to do things on MY time table?

Then there are those two excruciating passages, (i.e., Prov. 3: 5-6 and Rom. 8: 28) which I’ve quoted quite often in my daily blogs (the last time on July 21st, just a week ago – look it up!), because they bubble up from my consciousness, me having memorized those Scriptures. I just anguish sometimes in my lack of faith that God knows best and that His timing is perfect. … But why does He so often seem to ignore MY timing?

 Perhaps we all ought to take in the devotional song, which I listened to again this morning by Sara Groves, singing It’s Going To Be Alright. And life is going to be alright … if we’re willing TO BE PATIENT and wait on God to unfold HIS plan in HIS good time.

My Prayer for Today … Okay, Lord, forgive my impatience. … I’m waiting! … Amen

No comments: